“stayed 18th - 20th august 2014”

Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Reviewed 21 August 2014

my 2 daughters and myself had the pleasure of staying at above hotel for above dates.we thoroughly enjoyed the short break and found both staff at reception and in dining room very friendly and helpful.although room was not ready when we arrived staff were very sorry and gave us complimentary tea and biscuits while we waited.room was very spacious ,clean and comfortable.my daughter requested a feather pillow at 11oclock as she found the pillows a bit hard and immediately got her wish. breakfast and dinner were excellent with great menu and choice. I hope to be back for another stay in november to see a show.We really had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 121 and found it very nice and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Canal Court Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I and my daughter (the bride) and her bridesmaids had an overnight stay in the hotel on a package which included bed, breakfast and an evening meal in the restaurant (which was excellent). We really enjoyed our stay and the rooms were very comfortable and situated close to each other. Unfortunately on this occasion we did not have time to enjoy the hotel spa and leisure centre but the facilities of these are fantastic as we have used them in the past. My daughter was having her ceremony in the Dominican church which is just a five minute drive from the hotel. It was all so relaxing for us. We were able to enjoy a beautiful breakfast in the restaurant and the hotel staff alerted us there when the hairdresser and beautician arrived to pamper my daughter and co before the wedding. The staff at the Canal Court Hotel were so kind and helpful and helped to make the wedding morning really special. My daughter and her father were able to have some photos taken in the beautiful foyer of the hotel and also outside overlooking the canal. We were able to leave our cars there and travel to the wedding in the wedding cars. After the ceremony my husband and I and other family members retrieved our cars and we headed off to Omeath for the wedding reception. I think we are so lucky to have the Canal Court Hotel in our city and we are delighted to be regular patrons of it's many facilities. We wish the hotel staff well and we hope we will have an occasion to return soon.

Room Tip: A lovely hotel with a great location. Be sure to look up special offers when booking as they are off...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here two nights after my sisters wedding in July. We had only booked to stay the night of the wedding and we enjoyed it that much we booked a second night. The double bed was huge and so comfy defiantly a major plus in my eyes! The breakfast was a good starter to both days. We also used the swimming pool which was lovely and relaxing maybe bonus and sold me was the roof top out door hot tube available for guest to take advantage. The sun was shining that day and you honestly would not have thought you were in Newry. I really couldn't fault this stay and the staff where very helpful and nothing was a problem. I would not hesitate to stay again, only thing that annoys me is they have no competition and can be a little more than average to stay.. but suppose you pay for what you get. Will look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed one night on special offer ( Treat Ticket, I think) and got a nice room overlooking the canal.

The bed was large and very comfortable but the air conditioning wasn't easy to operate. I needed a wee bit of heat late in the evening and a member of staff assured me that it would stop blowing cold air eventually but it didn't and I ended up turning it off altogether.

The wifi was included but unfortunately it was a bit intermittent and cut off when I was in the middle of typing something.

Breakfast was very good, though If you order kippers just ask for one as they're huge!

The hotel is just opposite the bus station and from there you can get a shuttle bus to the railway station to get trains to Belfast or Dublin. There are also two huge shopping centres nearby. I recommend the Boulevard restaurant in town for a very good reasonably priced meal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kabiven
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Myself and my sister stayed at the canal court Hotel fri and sat night 8th and 9th of Aug and I have to say it was 1 of the nicest Hotels I have been in. The staff were very friendly and the room was excellent and very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone .

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms looking out on canal.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here for my wifes birthday on 1st August 2014.. As always the reception staff are plesant and very helpful. We had a delicious meal in The Old Mill Resturant and proceeded to explore this fine Hotel after our meal. I must say the spa, pool and gym facilities seem fantastic but as we arrived late and had dinner we did not get the chance to try them out but I will certainly make sure to use these on our next stay,

We had a car park facing room with not a great view but i was not bothered as we only slept in the room and did not spent to much time there for anyone who enjoys nice views and scenery insist on a room at the front of the hotel. The room was a good size with digital Aircon a nice comfy bed and the usual tea and coffee facilities. The room was quite old fashioned classic style with dark furniture and decor but in saying that it is clean and elegant. Also a 32" flat screen Tv with a good variety of channels.

Breakfast was buffett syle with a broad selection to suit everyones taste cereals, fresh fruit yoghurt cooked meats and cheeses etc. Myself and my wife opted for a cooked breakfast which was made fresh and delivered to our table nice and warm.

Overall a very enjoyable stay and we will certainly be back for another visit.

Room Tip: Request a room at the front of the Hotel. Try the Cobbles Bar accross the bridge at the corner as th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were with a wedding and stayed overnight. Room was'nt ready until 3.45 so we waited in the reception area and have sanwiches fro the snack menu available. They were very fresh and well filled as the fillings were overflowing. The wedding reception meal was excellant. The service was prompt and the meals were hot which was great as not all places can serve it hot when serving large groups. The helpings were plentiful and very tasty.
The room was on the front looking out at the canal which was good as we spend a while in the room. They are quite large and clean. The bathroom was also spotless and the shower is over the bath and great water pressure from all taps. The Canal Court is a popular place as on Saturday night the place was buzzing.
Breakfast was very good, you can pick a cooked selection from the menu and there are a good range of fresh fruit, youghart and cereals. The cooked selections are not self-service as with most hotels and our meal was hotter fwhen delivered for this reason.
We would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel or staying again if an occassion arose.

Room Tip: choose a front room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
Carrickdale Hotel
#5 of 8 in Dundalk
Donard Hotel
Donard Hotel
#5 of 16 in Newcastle

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!