“Super experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Super experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

This was our first time to visit Canal Court Hotel Newry for a wedding reception and was delighted with the experience. When we arrived at the hotel, we discovered the hotel car park was full. For the size of the hotel, the car park is very small. However, we found an alterative parking space nearby.

The meal was first class. Everything was served very quickly & we didn't have to wait long between courses. Food was perfect & all staff pleasant however Tracy was outstanding. Tracy could not do enough for you. Thank you Tracy.

We didn't stay in the hotel & therefore unable to comment on rooms.

Overall very pleased with our visit to Canal Court & would highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Polish first
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Food is always cooked to perfection and great service. Carvery always has plenty of choice and reasonably priced. Upstairs in the restaurant is Probably the best place in newry for quality service and great food.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beeks873
Moville, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

my 2 daughters and myself had the pleasure of staying at above hotel for above dates.we thoroughly enjoyed the short break and found both staff at reception and in dining room very friendly and helpful.although room was not ready when we arrived staff were very sorry and gave us complimentary tea and biscuits while we waited.room was very spacious ,clean and comfortable.my daughter requested a feather pillow at 11oclock as she found the pillows a bit hard and immediately got her wish. breakfast and dinner were excellent with great menu and choice. I hope to be back for another stay in november to see a show.We really had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 121 and found it very nice and quiet
Newry Co Down Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I and my daughter (the bride) and her bridesmaids had an overnight stay in the hotel on a package which included bed, breakfast and an evening meal in the restaurant (which was excellent). We really enjoyed our stay and the rooms were very comfortable and situated close to each other. Unfortunately on this occasion we did not have time to enjoy the hotel spa and leisure centre but the facilities of these are fantastic as we have used them in the past. My daughter was having her ceremony in the Dominican church which is just a five minute drive from the hotel. It was all so relaxing for us. We were able to enjoy a beautiful breakfast in the restaurant and the hotel staff alerted us there when the hairdresser and beautician arrived to pamper my daughter and co before the wedding. The staff at the Canal Court Hotel were so kind and helpful and helped to make the wedding morning really special. My daughter and her father were able to have some photos taken in the beautiful foyer of the hotel and also outside overlooking the canal. We were able to leave our cars there and travel to the wedding in the wedding cars. After the ceremony my husband and I and other family members retrieved our cars and we headed off to Omeath for the wedding reception. I think we are so lucky to have the Canal Court Hotel in our city and we are delighted to be regular patrons of it's many facilities. We wish the hotel staff well and we hope we will have an occasion to return soon.

Room Tip: A lovely hotel with a great location. Be sure to look up special offers when booking as they are off...
      Cleanliness
Newry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here two nights after my sisters wedding in July. We had only booked to stay the night of the wedding and we enjoyed it that much we booked a second night. The double bed was huge and so comfy defiantly a major plus in my eyes! The breakfast was a good starter to both days. We also used the swimming pool which was lovely and relaxing maybe bonus and sold me was the roof top out door hot tube available for guest to take advantage. The sun was shining that day and you honestly would not have thought you were in Newry. I really couldn't fault this stay and the staff where very helpful and nothing was a problem. I would not hesitate to stay again, only thing that annoys me is they have no competition and can be a little more than average to stay.. but suppose you pay for what you get. Will look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed one night on special offer ( Treat Ticket, I think) and got a nice room overlooking the canal.

The bed was large and very comfortable but the air conditioning wasn't easy to operate. I needed a wee bit of heat late in the evening and a member of staff assured me that it would stop blowing cold air eventually but it didn't and I ended up turning it off altogether.

The wifi was included but unfortunately it was a bit intermittent and cut off when I was in the middle of typing something.

Breakfast was very good, though If you order kippers just ask for one as they're huge!

The hotel is just opposite the bus station and from there you can get a shuttle bus to the railway station to get trains to Belfast or Dublin. There are also two huge shopping centres nearby. I recommend the Boulevard restaurant in town for a very good reasonably priced meal.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kabiven
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Myself and my sister stayed at the canal court Hotel fri and sat night 8th and 9th of Aug and I have to say it was 1 of the nicest Hotels I have been in. The staff were very friendly and the room was excellent and very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone .

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms looking out on canal.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
Carrickdale Hotel
#1 of 2 in Carlingford
The Whistledown Hotel
The Whistledown Hotel
#1 of 3 in Warrenpoint

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!