“Fantastic meal & service!!”
Review of Yellow Heifer

Yellow Heifer
Ranked #2 of 125 Restaurants in Newry
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tradtional Irish pub that serves top quality Irish food with an eye for detail and superb flavour, fresh seafood dishes weekly, family friendly.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I visited this restaurant for the first time two weeks ago (been meaning to write this review since the minute I left!). We were a party of six and were going with family who lived nearby. I will admit that I really didnt have high hopes, imagining it to be in the "Great Feed" category of a lot of restaurants in Northern Ireland (outside of Belfast) quantity over quality....I was wrong, very wong!

Staff were extremely pleasant and the attention to detail of one of the male waiters (sorry I cant recall his name!) in particular was impeccable. After a lot of debating I had the goats cheese fritters with pickled beetroot puree to start, portion size was just right and they tasted delicious! Everyone else being satisfied with their starters we moved onto mains...I had the halibut with risotto. It was so so good, my only regret being that i couldnt finish it! Without a doubt one of the best meals i have had in a long time.

Given the small number of decent restaurants in Newry this is well worth coming out of the city for (perhaps maybe update the cocktail menu - Sex and the City in 2014?!?!). Great food and Great Hospitality.

There are newer reviews for Yellow Heifer

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Really lovely restaurant and lovely atmosphere everyone was very helpful and couldn't do enough to make us comfortable and happy, meal was second to none, will certainly be back again. All the reports we had heard were very good and very true one of the best restaurant's I have dined in.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This has to be one of the best restaurant experiences ever. We are always a challenge for restaurants as our second daughter has several significant allergies. As a result of this, we can always very quickly tell if we are in a good restaurant - and this is one of them!!

I phoned to make the booking and informed the person on the phone of the allergies. She said no problem and they would deal with us when we arrived for our meal. I phoned the day of the booking just to make sure and got the same response. This made me a little nervous but when we arrived my nervousness was soon relieved.

The person I spoke to met us and took us to our table and quietly found out which of our children had the allergies. She distracted the kids with colouring pages and crayons and discreetly asked us if a special menu they had prepared for our 6 year old daughter to choose from was OK. A choice!!! Wow!! Sinead rarely gets to choose her food in a restaurant and certainly not from a menu that someone was so kind and thoughtful to prepare in advance. the waitress had taken time with the chef to do this - thanks to both of them.

She then approached Sinead with the menu and talked her through it so Sinead could take her choice. The smile on our daughter's face was priceless.

On top of all this, the food was fantastic, the service great and everything about this place is brilliant. Well worth a visit, allergies or not!!

2  Thank Nigel M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Managed to get an early sitting at short notice. Had heard good things about The Yellow Heifer and was not disappointed. Nice creative menu and the staff were very friendly and efficient. Highly recommend a visit

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great traditional meals, fantastic atmosphere from the place! Lovely staff and the bar is good craic at the weekends, would recommend for a quiet drink or for a meal!