“I can't believe this is the same place the other reviewers stayed at ...”
Review of Thorpe Lodge Farm

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huntingdon
Thorpe Lodge Farm
Ranked #14 of 19 Huntingdon B&B and Inns
Yorkshire
“I can't believe this is the same place the other reviewers stayed at ...”
Reviewed 28 March 2010

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I booked a room. I thought I was going to be staying in a peaceful rural spot. Big mistake.

There is no sign on the house indicating that it is a B & B; there was no friendly and welcoming reception, in fact the person who opened the door to me, had no idea who I was, nor what room I was supposed to be in. I was told, on finally being shown a room, that the pump for all the showers in the other rooms was housed in a cupboard in my room. I was told that "most people would have showered before midnight".

Since I was due to be up at 6am the following day, I decided to have an early night. Unfortunately, someone else decided to have a shower at 10.15pm. It sounded just like Concorde at the foot of the bed and went on for nearly 15 minutes! In addition, there was a tremendous noise every time somebody flushed the toilet in other parts of the house. The owners really need to spend some money getting the plumbing sorted out professionally.

It was beautifully peaceful outside, but inside it was horrendous. The constant hum of the noisy refrigerator, which housed a cup of milk and a small bottle of water, drove me to distraction, and I had to turn it off.

The room itself was filled almost entirely with a standard-size double bed which had a thin, hard mattress on it and hard pillows. I would have happily forgone the biscuits provided, in lieu of a really comfy bed.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank YorkshireLewie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nottingham
Reviewed 4 October 2009

Lovely farm in a lovely location the owners make you very welcome. Lovely views from all the rooms. The breakfasts were very good and the local pub ( The Mermaid) served really good meals. The rooms were clean and comfortable and worth the £60 a night for a double. Ideal base if you are a fisherman with Grafham Water just 2 miles up the road.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joeycoolcake
London
Reviewed 15 May 2009

This is an absolutely gorgeous bed & breakfast in a quiet farmhouse just half an hour out of Cambridge. The farm and the surrounding neighborhood are peaceful and very beautiful. The owners are very helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean and well furnished (including WiFi, a DVD player and a stereo, as well as a selection of tea, coffee, and even cookies), and the breakfast was to-die-for. And all that for just 30 pounds per person! Totally perfect for a night out of busy London!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple