“Beautiful and Peaceful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riverside House

Riverside House
Riverside House
Ranked #11 of 20 Huntingdon B&B and Inns
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful and Peaceful stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were on our way back from Birmingham to Ipswich and with nothing to rush home for we decided to look for a B and B near Huntingdon. When we looked at the B and B at Riverside House we were won over. I called Carolne and she had a room. It was just perfect. Lovely and clean and comfortable. Great pub serving food down the road. Breakfast was beautifully cooked and with the homemade plum jam, just great! Caroline and her husband could not do enough for us.The garden is lovely and the river at the end of the garden was the icing on the cake. We will be going again and it is only an hour and 20 mins from Ipswich. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As idyllic as the pictures. I have been looking for a good quality breakfast, bed, room and relaxed atmosphere, here I have found it. I am writing this review as my mid-week stays have been booked till Sept. I tried 3 B&B's in the locale, this is the one. Good local pub, beers and food, good and reasonably priced.
So some details; breakfast served at anytime to suit yourself. My requests have been between 6.45 & 7.30. No request too much, cereals on the table, with fruit and yoghurt, so glad to have poached eggs to perfection! I cannot fault the breakfast, and removing toast crusts for poached eggs makes me smile every time. More than enough orange juice and coffee, so no need to ask for refills etc.
I thought the staying with granny comment unkind and it stood out amongst the other reviews, I always use TripAdvisor for my accommodation bookings. However, my nan was similar, great cook, caring, chatty, ready with a smile and vertically challenged!
The rooms and bathrooms are well sized and WiFi connection good. I have stayed locally in 3 B&B's and 3 hotels, I would recommend here on reflection and experience of them all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
RiversideHouseHA, Owner at Riverside House, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
As the vertically challenged granny in this review I would like to say a huge thank you for the kind words from this guest..In my bed and breakfast experience guests are lovely, friendly, interesting people and a joy to have with us. Thank you very much to this one who is all of those things.
Cheadle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Riverside House is a little gem of a B&B tucked away in a typical English village. I stayed several times when in the area on business and can recommend the place without reservation. The rooms are spacious, comfortable with modern TV's and all the usual facilities. Caroline's breakfast is freshly cooked, plentiful and very tasty. As I had a bad back and was not too mobile during my recent visit, Caroline even offered to go out and bring me a takeaway; you wouldn't get that at a Premier Inn! Try the village pub (Axe & Compass) for an evening meal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RiversideHouseHA, Owner at Riverside House, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for saying such nice things! Hope the back condition continues to improve and look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The lady is pleasant enough and the rooms are a little dated, could do with a proper telly and not a little poxy portable and a good clean wouldn't go amiss. The reason I am having a moan is the the breakfast was pretty poor, you can't just get up and get your cereal it's hidden away and the breakfast itself was warm and the toast had big whooping green mould growing on it but I had already eaten one and half pieces before I noticed. I paid up and left shame really but it's too much like staying at your grannies than a proper B & B

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RiversideHouseHA, Owner at Riverside House, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
I appreciate you had a bad time with the course you were attending in the area and I understand if this left you with a negative impression of your visit. I just wish you had not chosen to take it out on my breakfasts.
Other reviewers on this site have described my breakfasts as excellent and generous, tasty and enjoyable, great food and superb. The hidden cereals were on the table about two yards from where you were sitting. I do refute your equally bizarre reference to the toast. I always use fresh ingredients. I have the top five star hygiene rating from the council.
I am sorry about the relatively small screen TV in the room at the time of your visit. We have now completed our upgrade to 32" flat screen TV's throughout.
By the way I am as proud of being a granny as I am of my proper bed and breakfast, classified four star by the English Tourist Board.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The familly room is really nice and really confortable and have a outside door Tea and coffee in the room. the village is wonderful , a lot the house have Thatching and the small church is charming. Close to Cambridge and St-Ives. The food was really good and the Caroline was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
RiversideHouseHA, Owner at Riverside House, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
It was a great pleasure to read the very kind review you have given us. Thank you very much indeed. We do especially enjoy meeting people from across the world, exchanging thoughts and ideas and realizing how much we all have in common. I hope your parents much enjoyed the rest of their stay in UK and that you continue to enjoy your studies here. Very best wishes for your future career.
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We loved this place, very much home from home. Cosy, warm, friendly and the full English breakfast was tasty and freshly cooked plus you can help yourself to cereals, yogurts & fruit. Caroline and her husband were very helpful and made us feel very welcome. Our only regret was we ran out of time to have a stroll around the gardens and to see the river but we shall be back and plan to have a good look round next time. Thank you for a memorable enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deb_macoperator
RiversideHouseHA, Owner at Riverside House, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind review.
It was just brilliant having three generations at the breakfast table.
We look forwrad to Caitlin playing a role on the catering front.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I feel reluctant to recommend this establishment on the basis it might be booked up when next I wish to stay here!! The accommodation is first rate, the hostess is marvellous & truly goes out of her way to make sure you feel at home & are well looked after. Location is idyllic & although 30 mins outside Cambridge (if that is your destination) there is good access to park & ride services. Village pub (Axe & Compass) does good food & drink as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Blackcircles
RiversideHouseHA, Owner at Riverside House, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you very much for this. Glad you are safely home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
#6 of 9 in Huntingdon
The Thorpe Guesthouse
The Thorpe Guesthouse
#1 of 2 in Hemingford Grey

Been to Riverside House? Share your experiences!