“Brilliant service and value”

The Stukeleys Country Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
“Brilliant service and value”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Don't believe all of the bad reviews, I've visited the hotel many times and I've always had a pleasant stay. The food has always been delicious and if you ever need anything changing the staff are always more than happy to do so. I agree with the previous comment about feeling at home. The staff and regulars treat you like you're a friend and make you feel very welcome. I personally recommend their roast dinners on a Sunday if you ever do choose to stay. If there is anything I have ever had a problem with I just speak to the staff, they have always fixed any problem I have had. If I ever need a hotel I do always choose to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

We were flooded out in November and stayed at the corporate hotels, boring unfriendly and impersonal, don't get me wrong this hotel has small problems, if you like early nights ask for a room at the back. If you like staying up in the bar have the best rooms in the hotel which are over the bar. Horses for courses. But if you are not happy let them know they will move earth and water to sort it out for you. This is a very friendly place and we felt like we were part of the family. I live in a building of similar age and can testify that building as old as this have problems however I do not reckoning isle any of the negative comments and I stayed there from the end of November till mid January and only left as my golden retriever was going mad and although they take small dogs he is to large for them and we have four. So all in all a great hotel, but don't expect corporate or unfriendly this is like going to an old friends house and being treated like a real friend. Food is great and the menu is good also, but I have to say one off Liam's full English are fantastic. Have a good stay but it's not corporate you won't pay corporate and you will be treated as a friend, if you want corporate go down the road and be ignored.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Stayed here 2 nights and had 2 rooms. Beds looked like they were used as trampolines and needed pillows using to prop mattress up. The noise from bar was terrible and loud. The room curtains may have well not been there as they let all light through. Toilet door had screws sticking through that cut my arm. Toilet seat broken and split. Shower over bath was pathetic and bathroom filthy mouldy. Only plus was free tea and coffee as all food was over cooked or raw. Would rather stay in a shed than go again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank bethlain69

Travellers are raving about these Huntingdon hotels

county durham england
Reviewed 23 November 2012

just got back from this hotel and i have rebooked to return in jan . hotel is clean and tidy and my room was massive and well heated ,the only problem i found in my room was rubbish in the draws from the previous guests..My partner and i ate in the hotel and the food was lovely the breakfast on the morning was lush and plenty of it 2 . You can hear sounds from the bar but not loud enough to keep you awake my suggestion would be to join the guests and ave a pint and a gossip with the locals . loads of hot water which is another good point . All staff were polite and give us a enjoyable stay thanks

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank chocolatehips
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Attempted to book a room over the phone. Member of staff was very matter of fact but polite that she was the only staff on and was doing both bar and reservations. I was asked if I could hold on a minute. 5 minutes later I hung up having heard her serve multiple other customers (phone not muted). Only fault with the staff member was their failure to just take a number and call back if they're that busy. Hotel's fault for only having one person on to cover reservations, bar and service at lunch time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard R
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as decided to have a change from the Huntingdon Marriott as can never get a 3G signal on Vodafone whilst staying there. Big mistake! Staying for one night as in Huntingdon on business.

I had to ask for a different room as the first one I was given absolutely stank of raw sewage! Quickly changed rooms and came down to the bar for a drink. Ordered a pint, took a few sips, put pint down, few seconds later picked it back up to find 3 flies belly up having a swim!

Food - ordered the steak pie, plenty of it but tasteless and the veg had the life boiled out of it. Wouldn't suprise me if it was left over from Sunday lunch (it's Tuesday), again had to eat in the company of many flies and with a beer mat over my second pint.

Im writing this mid stay and already not looking forward to bed time, already realised that road noise is horrendous and like a previous poster said, can here everything from the bar and other rooms.

Oh the joy!

On a plus side they have free wifi and managed to get a faint Vodafone 3G signal.

Up to you to make an informed decision!

• Stayed September 2012
Biggar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed again at The Stukeleys Country Hotel for 2 nights while attending a dog show. I have to say it did the job - we were just looking for a cheap place to stay for a few nights that accepted dogs, and it fitted the bill nicely.
The room was a family room, with a double bed and a single - beds were very old and not all that comfortable, but ok. The room itself was clean enough, as was the bathroom, although it was very dated looking. Plus point - the shower was excellent, very powerful and plenty of hot water. We had a meal on our first night - Sirloin Steak for my partner, and I opted for the Mixed Grill. Both were excellent - my partners steak was cooked medium rare as ordered, very tender and tasty. My mixed grill was very good - steak, lamb chop, sausage, gammon steak, egg, mushrooms, tomato, and chips. Breakfast both days was excellent - well cooked and tasty. yes the service was a bit slow but it was the one guy taking orders and doing the cooking. I have to say the service was very good - they are a bit understaffed, and it seems to be just a few people doing all jobs, but everyone we spoke to was very pleasant and helpful (even opening the restaurant early for us one morning as we had to be away sharpish). Yes it is a bit dated and shabby, but the staff are good, food is good, and lets face it you get what you pay for - in my opinion this is a good value hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
The George Hotel
Sandford House Bar and Hotel
The Lion Hotel
The Lion Hotel
#1 of 2 in Buckden

Been to The Stukeleys Country Hotel? Share your experiences!