The Stukeleys Country Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$158
US$87
US$123
US$84
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
US$70
PremierInn.com
The Old Bridge(Huntingdon)
US$151
US$105
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked to stay in this hotel whilst undertaking business in Huntingdon, but I was so appalled at the state of the hotel and the room, that I ended up leaving to seek accommodation elsewhere. The hotel and room had obvious damp problems, and the staff were very unhelpful and defensive. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 65SC
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Room is a good price and spacious. The staff are really friendly as are the other clientele. The atmosphere was really good even for a Tuesday. I used the restaurant for dinner and the food was really good and reasonable. The room is spacious and comfortable with large bathroom and good TV. Would recommend to anyone visiting the Huntingdon and surrounding area. Plenty of free parking as well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Coversure W
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at the Stukeley Hotel in February whilst undertaken business in the area. I found the food both in portion size and in quality very enjoyable. I had the beef stew and dumplings and was offered a choice of mash potatoes, new potatoes or chips! I would have gone on to have a dessert, but I was too full :-( The locals at the bar are very welcoming and friendly and the room that I stayed in reflected the character of the establishment and was attractively unusual and quite charming. It was clean, functional and suited my needs very well.
The hotel is located very close to Huntingdon and is easily commutable to both Peterborough and Cambridge by road.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank elaine_smith1970
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The Stukeley Country Hotel from the outside looked quite nice when I arrived but I was soon to be very disappointed, my room was covered in old chip wallpaper and very poorly decorated with cobwebs in one corner. Initially the room was freezing and I turned on the radiator which eventually warmed the room up at 1am, at the same time the tired bowl shaped mattress became eventually unbearable, (I felt I had been sleeping in a tent on a hill!). The bathroom was 1970s and very dated with a broken toilet seat which flushed after several attempts. I decided to eat downstairs in the cold bar area and had home made chilli and rice which appeared in about 90 seconds?!It was the size of a large starter with very dry rice underneath served in a bowl. The people next to me moved from the window due to the draft and ill fitting windows, I actually thought the window was open .In the morning the breakfast arrived and I had to leave most of it although by this time I was really hungry, no choice in respect of how I would like my egg or choice of bread etc. I was staying in the area for business and tired all day due to such a rough nights stay - not actually funny. This was originally £89 and I got the room for £60 through late bookings.com, not worth £10 I would rather have slept in the car!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Hunterone
Reviewed 2 February 2014

First off, there is nothing wrong with the food or the breakfast. Its a quaint country pub and the food was good. Freshly cooked and the breakfast was as good as any I have had.

Where this place really lets itself down is in the quality of the accommodation. It is very poor. I was in room 2 and while it has some lovely old world oak beams and oak doors and frames, the maintenance is poor.

The bathroom can only be described as disgusting and if health and safety were to stop here then it would be condemned. The shower head was rusted and dirty. The paint on the ceiling was peeling off. There was mould all over the tiles and sealant and the general condition was very, very poor.

The bed was old and uncomfortable. Fitted sheets are a personal hatred of mine and overall, I had a very cold and uncomfortable night here.

Room Tip: Any room, in another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business