“Very good”
Review of Huntingdon Spa - CLOSED

Huntingdon Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Specialise in Spa Days, Deep Tissue Massage, Sports Massages and Pregnancy Massage. Overlooking England's Largest Meadow. Luxury Afternoon Tea from Marks & Spencer's available with a Spa Day. Elemis Facials for Men and Women, CND Shellac Manicures and OPI Pedicures. Diamond Microdermabrasion Facials, Reflexology and Indian Head Massages. Please see UK Sports Massage our sister business from the same location.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I visited the spa for a signature massage a couple of months ago, it was my first visit and I wasn't aware that it was in someone's house but this did not detract from the experience. The setting is lovely and professionally laid out and I was treated by the owner.

This was my first visit and as a rule I tend not to have massages in the UK but I'm glad I gave it a go. The treatment was very good, relaxing and at the end of it I felt great. The only two niggles that I have that stopped this being a 5 star review were that the fan in the treatment room was off and it was a very hot evening - yes I could have asked but it didn't feel appropriate and it should have been on anyway - and the masseuse talked throughout the treatment. My preference after the initial passing pleasantries is peace and quiet because that's part of the experience. Again, yes I could have asked but that would have made me feel awkward if not the masseuse as well.

Regardless of this I would consider going back as this was good value for money and it's definitely worth a second look.

Huntingd0nSpa, General Manager at Huntingdon Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience overall. I wish you'd asked me to leave the fan on. We keep them off for client comfort, body temperature drops during massage. All therapists would prefer fans or air con in summer months. We don't usually speak unless we are spoken to. I think I recall we did have a lot in common and I was probably overexcited about our forthcoming Wedding in Mauritius. I sincerely apologise and as a rule we don’t speak during the massage. We look forward to seeing you again

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"lovely experience"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I was looking for a quick spa getaway on very short notice and Huntingdon Spa didn't disappoint! We opted for the Couple's Massage and Pedicure and both were exceptional. The views over the meadow do not disappoint and the staff and owner were very welcoming, friendly and understanding when my wife and I phoned them because we were running late. They offer the widest variety of treatments that I was able to find on the internet.

We are already planning another visit!

Some things to take note for first time visitors:
- The spa is located in the owner's home which isn't a problem. The home is huge. Parking is in their drive way which was more than sufficient for my large van.

- Americans (like us) may find the prices expensive, but compared to other spas that we researched it's a bargain...especially given the personalized service.

1  Thank Brian T

Thank you for your excellent review. It was a pleasure to look after you both, we look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Being a very picky person, I was wary when I got a sports injury and needed help - this was back in February, I hate massages normally as I have very sore shoulders.

Not only did Kerry give me a sports massage to help me with the agony I was in, she gave me advice to help me with my stretching.

The massage with Kerry was so good I didn't actually want to leave - and I had my 5y/o with me; who she gladly took to feed the ducks while I completed my form.

She then did my massage which was legend...(wait for it) dary! So legendary in fact that I won't go anywhere else.

And to check I wasn't going mad - I rang today for advice on shoulder pain Kerry fitted me in - today, I got water upon arrival, friendly staff and this time Ed gave me a massage, not only did he help with my shoulder he also helped with my knee, Kerry did my eye brows even though I hadn't told her beforehand and it was a busy day.

The setting is beautiful and Kerry is very knowledgeable about the area. I live around the corner but when I visit I feel miles away from home life and the troubles of the world!

I'd definitely recommend - so much so I've bought my hubby a voucher for his birthday!

Thank you all for your help.

Huntingd0nSpa, General Manager at Huntingdon Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your excellent review and thank you for your additional treatment bookings of sports massage, pedicure and luxury body exfoliation. We look forward to seeing you both again soon for your Couples Spa Day

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a lovely time at Huntingdon Spa... Although we wasn't aware it was set in house this didn't disappoint us as it was lovely inside and a great view ... just would have preferred to be told when booking with spabreaks.com... spabreaks.com also gave a time bracket for the day and it didn't happen that way in fact we finished an hour or so sooner. The staff and treatments where lovely fresh water was offered through out our time there... once talking to my partner about the treatments it sounds like mine was alot nicer than his which was a shame... While we were having our foot massage which should have been reflexology our couches were not locked in and they slipped down slightly this made me feel very nervous and to be honest i couldn't wait to get off... spabreaks also stated we would receive sandwiches, wraps & fruit platters... there were no wraps :( i just want to be honest and it did feel very rushed and i estimated we would have arrived home by 3.30ish and we got home by 1.30pm Overall we did have a nice morning but not one we would do again Thank you very much though :)

1  Thank Katii88
Huntingd0nSpa, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed the setting and appreciated our unique views over England's largest meadow.

Just to let you know our basis spa day times are 9am - 1pm (4hrs) or flexible based on arrival time. You were welcome to stay longer and relax if you wanted to.

I'm glad you enjoyed refreshments throughout your visit and that you felt so positive toward our staff. I wish that we knew about your partners dissatisfaction on the day so we could have addressed it, it's good to hear though how much you enjoyed yours.

However, I am sorry to hear you felt nervous about being on our couches and that this may have impaired your enjoyment. Please be reassured that the couches are within regulation and have been tested (terms and conditions are listed on the website). Generally feedback is very positive as they enable such great views from their position.

Lunch is wraps or sandwiches and a fruit platter when only 1-2. Larger groups will have a mixture of both.

Thank you for your feedback.