“Great service at a busy hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Huntingdon Marriott Hotel

Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
Malvern, United Kingdom
“Great service at a busy hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here on our way back from the Duxford Airshow, and as usual so do a lot of other people. When we arrived a busload of foreign tourists had beaten us to the check in, and apart from a minor delay my partner and Mum had a drink while I checked and was dealt with very courtesly by the young receptionist. We had to wait for a late meal in the restaurant due to a myriad of different groups in the hotel, but saying that the food was excellent and the waiting staff Kim was on top form! The room was excellent, bathroom clean and well provisioned, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast next morning great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HuntsMarriott, Sales Co-ordinator at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Mark, thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us and for the great feedback, due to the close proximity to Duxford the airshow weekends are busy at the hotel, I am very glad however that this this did not impact your stay and you were able to enjoy the facilities. We are very proud of the team here for the service that we offer and we shall certainly pass on your kind comments. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My first stay at this particular Marriott and the check in process was fine. The receptionist explained the facilities to me and wished me a pleasant stay. The hotel offers a lot of comfort and the quality of food is good. I had room service and the food was of good quality. Breakfast was ok. I was not escorted to a table but told to find me own, although the choice of food on offer is good. When I came to check out, the service was less pleasant. I was the only person at the desk,and the young receptionist ( I know her name and am happy to provide it to the manager) without looking at me shouted out "room number"?. She did not ask me whether I had enjoyed my stay and the whole check out process was quite mechanical in nature. I did not leave the hotel feeling like a valued guest. It will not put me off staying here again, but it might not be my first choice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnDaniell
HuntsMarriott, Sales Co-ordinator at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you had during your check out. We have passed on the feedback to the associate and will certainly review and update their training.

We appreciate your kind comment in regards to food and the comfort and will certainly pass these on to the other members of the team.

As we would like to regain your trust in our hotel please do not hesitate to get in contact with me at any time.

Kind regards - Danielle Green-Robinson - Sales Co-ordinator
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Huntingdon for one night this week. The room was clean and the food was good however Wifi did not work at all in the public areas-when I asked a member of staff for assistance, they simply said "oh, it should work" and walked away!!
When checking out in the morning, I made my way upto the reception desk only to be ignored by all 4 standing on the other side of the desk when it must have been obvious to them I was there. A lady stood in the end asked if she could help eventually and fowarded me onto "Adam" who was stood directly in front of me. He then served me while continuing to look out of the window and whispering something to another receptionist stood beside him, never looking directly at me...the customer! Adam then asked me to pay the balance outstanding on my account for my dinner the night before, of which I replied this is all paid for by my company as stated when booking. He refused to listen saying I must pay, there is no credit card attached. By this time I had become late for my morning meeting so asked if he could contact my PA regarding this as it is never normally a problem. Adam then rolled his eyes and shook his head! I gave him my PA's telephone number from which he said nothing. After no thankyou or anything at all, I asked Adam if that was ok with him. He again rolled his eyes, replied "if thats what you want to do" and looked down at his desk. No "thanks for staying", no "ill sort this out" etc, just ignorance.
It then transpired, after phoning my PA and being extremely rude to her also over the phone, Adam then found the part on the form that stated everything should be charged to the account...and said "ive found it now, bye"!!! Again, no apology or anything at all. Adam was incredibly rude to myself and my PA for something he had missed as part of his own job, and I shan't be staying here again as a result. I think Adam needs to remember who the customer is in future and learn some interpersonal skills!
On a plus side however, Chris in the restaurant was lovely, a great asset to the hotel and full of conversation and provided great service.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HuntsMarriott, Manager at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for your review on July 10th. We deeply regret the experience you had during your check out and offer our sincere apology. After receiving your review, we gave the associate feedback and have required him to take additional training in verbal and non-verbal communication skills.

We appreciate your kind comment in regards to our restaurant service, cleanliness and food quality and I will certainly pass this on to the relevant managers.

Axel – Director of Operations
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was only staying for one night but had a very pleasant stay. Room was clean and modern with a comfortable bed and very reasonably priced when compared with some of the other budget hotels in the area. My only gripe is that some delightful individual ran through the corridors at 2am knocking on all the doors - not he hotel's fault but it did rather spoil my sleep which is never good. Apart from this the hotel was very quiet even on a Saturday night so the whole thing was a bit weird really.

Hotel is less than 30mins drive from Cambridge but watch for all the average speed cameras! Breakfast was very good and cheaper if you get it at check in rather than online which is interesting. Overall I would certainly return and would definitely reccomend.

Room Tip: Car park view is best as there are a few busy roads around the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HuntsMarriott, Co-ordinator at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback, we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. It’s great to know that you were able to take advantage of our special offer for breakfast and enjoy our full breakfast buffet – which we are very proud of. We are very fortunate with our proximity to Cambridge and the easy access onto the A14, which makes us a great place to stay when visiting Cambridge. We do hope that you will visit us again soon.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Only 30 minutes north of Cambridge, this hotel is close to both the A1 and the A14.
Friendly staff on check-in, good sized Premium guest room, excellent buffet breakfast. Check-out was speedy although we were not given the code to the car park barrier and had to return from the car park to the desk to obtain it.
All in all, a decent hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this fantastic feedback, we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are very fortunate with our proximity to Cambridge and the easy access onto the A14, Cambridge is a fantastic place to visit with great shopping, restaurants and or course the historic colleges of Cambridge - we do hope that you were able to make the most of your trip to Cambridge. We hope that we can welcome you back next time you visit Cambridge.
St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The Huntingdon Marriott hotel is easy to find, parking wasn't a problem (and was free of charge). Check-in was swift and efficient; as was check-out.

The room was of a good size (I had a twin room), clean, comfortable and pretty quiet even with the window open despite being near a relatively busy road. The only downside was the lack of free wifi in the room, it was too expensive to contemplate purchasing even if work was paying! Free wifi was available downstairs in the lounge for picking up email etc.

Breakfast was good with quality ingredients. It was best on the first morning when there was a big coach party in as there was plenty of freshly cooked items out. The second morning was much quieter and as a result there wasn't much cooked food out (there were no fried eggs or bacon for example when I went up). There was also a chef making omelettes which looked great.

Bar prices were steep (probably due to lack of local competition) at £2 for half a lager and £5.50!!! For a bottle of locally brewed bitter. I only had one....

All in all, a comfortable easy stay for work. No complaints here really bar the bar prices.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Grand Ledge, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Recently spent two nights here for business. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Good choices, good quality food. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but did order food in the bar. The food was pretty standard bar food.

The room was fairly standard. Good firm bedding and easy to regulate the room temperature. Oddly enough, there were no available electrical outlets on either side of the bed.

Ample free parking available on site. My only complaint is the ridiculous £15 charge for 24 hours of WiFi. There is no free in-room WiFi. Perhaps even more ridiculous is that free WiFi is available in the lounge. So, anyone can walk in off the street and get free WiFi in the lounge. However, those paying for a room get no free in-room WiFi. That is very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BufirdTJustice
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
#1 of 36 in Cambridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,188 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peterborough Orton Hall Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel

Been to Huntingdon Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!