Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Overpriced and not a great 4 star in my opinion. Trays left outside the room for hours...even overnight. Breakfast was good but they were not quick at stocking the food up i.e. no eggs or bacon for about 5mins, we had to stand and wait. Also, we had to clean our own table as they were all dirty and not cleaned ready for the next guests. Evening food was expensive and service poor. I have stayed in better 3 star accomodation to be honest.

• Stayed: August 2014
HuntingdonMarriott, Manager at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with the Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your experience; we take great pride in ensuring our guests satisfaction, unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations.

Please be assured that we will take steps to follow up with our Food and Beverage team to use the feedback to improve the service that we offer. I am very sorry to read that you found the food expensive; we try to offer a variety of food for all tastes, which includes our seasonal Blackboard Special menu which offers two courses for £17 or three courses for £22.

We hope that we are able to welcome you back soon and thank you once again for your feedback.

Please do contact me if I can assist any further.

Kind Regards, Axel Henke, Director of Operations.
Axel.henke@marriott.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I travel to Huntingdon regularly and this is the place I stay all the time. The reason for this is that it is a really nice hotel with great staff and facilities. The rooms are clean, tidy and I always have a good nights sleep in them. The hotel is a little out the way but a quick 5 minutes drive takes you to a host of places to eat, drink and relax. The food in the hotel is great, especially the breakfast - thanks to the woman who makes the omelettes (they are amazing and she is a star!!). I would have to say that all the staff in the restaurant are great - in fact, all the staff are great, very friendly and professional.
The gym, pool and sauna are lovely and its never too busy.
When in Huntingdon give this hotel a chance, you won't regret it and maybe like me, you will go back over and over again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst travelling. The hotel has easy access just off the motorway. Plenty of parking which is free. We arrived very late, our receptionist was very helpful and got us checked in quickly. We were travelling with children and our rooms were as requested - adjoining with additional beds. The rooms we had appeared to have been recently renovated and the furnishings were smart and new looking. Rooms were to the typically high standard you expect of a good Marriott. We had room service as the restaurant had closed by the time we had arrived. We had to order from the late menu which was very limited but we all managed to find something to eat. Breakfast was good and the servers were polite and courteous. Perhaps my only issue with breakfast would be that there wasn't enough fresh fruit available. We didn't have time to use the pool but it looked good and the grounds to this hotel are very well kept and you wouldn't know that you were next to busy roads and in what is essentially an industrial estate. Overall a good nights sleep, comfortable room and quality breakfast. Note that wifi is available in the public areas for free.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HuntsMarriott, Director of Operations at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am very glad that you have a comfortable stay when travelling with your family; we do have a number of interconnecting and family rooms which are perfect for families. Thank you for your comments about the food we do operate a 24hour room service menu and try to offer as much choice as possible. We certainly will review the fruit offering on our breakfast buffet to see if we can make any improvement. Once again thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back soon, a warm welcome awaits.
Kind regards - Axel Henke - Director of Operations.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed overnight at Huntington Marriott recently. Hotel is located close to the motorway so there is no shop nearly. You would need to have a car but the parking is free.
Hotel staff is very friendly and they do welcome children. My kid was given a colouring pack by one of the staff later on...not when we first check-in. Not sure they mean to give to all kids or selective or when they feel like it.
The room is spacious and the amenities is what you would expect from a 4 star hotel. There is no minibar in the room.
Had a swim with my daughter. I think it is a 15 meter long pool, so a pretty good length for a pool and there is a jacuzzi pool next to the main swimming pool. I feel the water is slightly cold especially if there is kids in the pool. So ended up spending most of the time in hr jacuzzi so my daughter don't get cold.
Didn't try the breakfast at the hotel. I find that £15.95 for a breakfast is very expensive. Perhaps this is because they are no shops around so they can charge full price for the breakfast. I think something below £10 is more reasonable. I stayed in a lot of hotels and usually the reception would ask if we like to have breakfast if our room is not already include breakfast. And they are normally cheaper than just walking straight into the morning. This hotel I have to ask the reception about breakfast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

There are not so many good hotels situated to the west of Cambridge, so for the first time, and because I had a hire car to hand, I booked a night at the Huntingdon Marriott. The hotel is situated in an industrial park just off the A1/A14 intersection. Once you are at the hotel, you lose the idea of being in an industrial estate, as there is a lot of greenery around.
Check in went well and I tried out the excellent gym. This was fairly busy, but there are lots of machines and it wasn't a problem.
Wifi worked well and the service in the bar was very polite and friendly. I was even given the first beer on the house as I had had to wait around 15 minutes for it. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will try to book myself in here more often during my trips to the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pkbpkb
HuntsMarriott, Ecommerce Champion at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for your great review, we appreciate you taking the time. Our location just 25 minutes from Cambridge and just of the A14 / A1 road networks does make the hotel easily accessible, with free car parking a great base for when doing business locally. The Leisure facilities were refurbished last year, so we are glad that you were able to make use and indeed enjoyed using this facility. We hope to welcome you back as a regular guest very soon.
Kind regards, Danielle Green-Robinson, Ecommerce Champion

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Family stay before cheffins auction. (Husband has stayed before) Staff were friendly and polite from the start! We had a suite room which was great on space for our family! Didn't have chance to use the whirlpool bath though. We did use the lesuire club and it was lovely, again not enough time to use it to its full potential, all of the hotel was very clean and well presented, couldn't complain about the food either- spot on thank you

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for you great review of your recent stay, we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our Leisure facilities were refurbished last year so we are very glad that you were able to make use of and enjoy them. Our 4 Poster suites are perfect for families with a separate room to accommodate a sofa bed and an extra-large bathroom; we are glad that this made for a comfortable stay. We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind Regards - Axel Henke, Director of Operations

Reviewed 4 August 2014

From the moment we checked in till the time we left, the service was really good. Hotel bedrooms were really clean and comfortable. The breakfast at this hotel was superb, lovely fresh fruit including strawberries. Delicious cooked breakfast and pastries. There is a swimming pool, spa etc at this hotel but they do not advertise it very well there was no photos on their website. The facilities at the leisure club were excellent. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
Peterborough Marriott Hotel
Peterborough Marriott Hotel
#13 of 27 in Peterborough
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Huntingdon Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!