“Good food, great tavern atmosphere”

King of the Belgians
Ranked #14 of 111 Restaurants in Huntingdon
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food, great tavern atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had an enjoyable meal here on the kitchen lounge. The batter used on hand classic fish and chips was one of the best I have had. Great atmosphere on this 250+ year old tavern. Service was quick and courteous. The attached bar had character, but was a bit smoky smelling. The advertised "beer garden" is a few picnic tables at the side of the building on the road. Good food sync hood value. Would eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Rick D

“Ok food, very slow service”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on the way to an event, and ordered what we hoped was a quick lunch (sandwiches, salad and the daily special). Half an hour later, still no sign of the food, and the pub was not even busy (only 2 other tables). No explanation or warning of a delay, and after we asked politely when it would be ready (we were considering asking for takeaways), we were told it was on the way. 5 minutes later food arrived (around 40 mins wait by now), with no apologies, and no enquiry to check if we enjoyed the meal. We wolfed it down and rushed to pay, clearly unhappy, and still there was absolutely no interest in us from staff. A shame as it's a charming, historic pub that seems to have won awards, but customer service is clearly in short supply.

Visited July 2014
cambridge
“my brothers birthday meal”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

on Friday 6th june 2014 we had a table of five booked for my brothers birthday.this is a 15th century pub and retaurrant small and quirky .lovely separate dining room with lots of character and charm.very good service the drinks are reasnobley priced camera bear on draft at £3.00 per pint not bad ! we all ordered my daughter wanted chicken but did not like the mushroom stuffing it came with so we asked if chef could cook one just plain which he did and changed the veg too carrots it also came with daufonise potatoes ,she told me at the end of her meal it was like something you would get at a wedding very good quality I had cod chips with mushy peas the batter was very light it was a bear batter not larger .my brother had sirloin steak medium with chips tomato mushrooms and very fine onion rings which looked like noodles.my partner had ribs with noodles and veg and my daughters boyfriend had rump steak with all the trimmings service excellent and the food you my pay a little more but its worth it my cod and chips was £10.50 my daughters meal was £9.95. its food I would except from a posh restaurant not a village pub all the staff are friendly and welcoming you my have too wait a while for your food but its worth the wait cooked fresh too order by a local chef whom left the bridge hotel in huntingdon a 5 star hotel too work in this beautiful small English pub its great for food chat and a pint has a bear garden and recently held its own mini bear festival in the garden don't go too the pub next door you will pay far more for a meal and a drink and its not as good or friendly.so please if passing along Hartford road in huntingdon give it a go open every day all day.we had a lovely family time.

• Visited June 2014
England
“Lovely Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Looked on tripadvisor for somewhere in Huntingdon as were in this area around our lunch time on a Sunday. It was the bank holiday weekend and a beer festival was taking place with a tent and BBQ in the garden. The BBQ smelt great but we wanted a proper sit down so headed inside where it was quieter and there was a small restaurant. As others have said, it seems a real 'local' place and has won lots of awards from CAMRA and seems to have a reputation for real ale. We were made to feel very welcome and had delicious roast pork for £9.95. A great little spot.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Beachymel
Ramsey, United Kingdom
“Return visit”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were invited to a return visit and our meals were greatly enjoyable. My daughter also occupied us and she also thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Many thanks.

• Visited May 2014