We had dined at The Bridge on a number of occasions but had never stayed there. We booked a "large double" but found on our arrival that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to the Four Poster! (As shown in the photo above.) It was a beautiful room and led into a margnificent bathroom. The bath was huge, plus double sinks, a power shower, two chairs and a table!
You can see photos of each of the rooms on the website - and next time I am definitely booking in enough time to get the Tiger room - room 10.
Siobhan in reception was lovely; all the staff in the restaurant and bar were friendly and professional. The food in the bar was excellent with a wide choice and individually prepared. Comfy sofas and chairs. No rush.
Breakfast the next morning was a relaxed, quiet meal (guests asked not to use mobile phones - hurrah!) with locally sourced produce and a wide choice.
All in all a very good stay. I would have no hesitation in highly recommending the Old Bridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A handsome, ivy-clad 18th century building, once a private bank, overlooking the River Ouse and yet right on the edge of the town centre. Its atmosphere balances that of a boutique townhouse hotel and a bustling, relaxed, traditional inn. 24 beautiful air-conditioned bedrooms with luxurious bathrooms. Fine but informal restaurant, twice winner of AA award for best wine list in the UK. Also wine shop with 'enomatic' tasting machines, bar with real ales, and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Old Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Bridge Hotel Huntingdon
- Old Bridge Huntingdon
- Old Bridge Hotel Huntingdon