We spent a Sunday night at the Old Bridge - afternoon tea, wine tasting, dinner etc.
The staff were professional and efficient, although we did wait a fair while for tea and coffee at both afternoon tea and again at breakfast.when Fabulous wine tasting facility, after which we enjoyed a very pleasant dinner in the conservatory. A rather "meaty" menu, although there was one fish dish which was delicious.
Our individually decorated four poster room was very comfortable, but I would recommend rails for hanging clothes on rather than three-way hooks for hangers. We could have had a party in the bathroom, it was so big!!
I asked for scrambled egg at breakfast and got just that - no garnish in the presentation.
We had a lovely walk along the Great Ouse towards Hartford, but there were limited things to do in the immediate area, and the hotel had no real garden in which to relax (as the weather was good).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A handsome, ivy-clad 18th century building, once a private bank, overlooking the River Ouse and yet right on the edge of the town centre. Its atmosphere balances that of a boutique townhouse hotel and a bustling, relaxed, traditional inn. 24 beautiful air-conditioned bedrooms with luxurious bathrooms. Fine but informal restaurant, twice winner of AA award for best wine list in the UK. Also wine shop with 'enomatic' tasting machines, bar with real ales, and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Old Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Bridge Hotel Huntingdon
- Old Bridge Huntingdon
- Old Bridge Hotel Huntingdon