“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Excellent brand new hotel in a perfect location in Huntingdon
Service was fantastic. Booked a meeting room at the hotel and would like to thank Charlotte especially for looking after us!
Will definitely be returning soon

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your comments and the time you have taken to review your experience. Customer service is a priority throughout the team, and feedback is very important to us, I will ensure that Charlotte reads your review, which I am sure she will appreciate.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is fresh & modern. Bedroom & ensuite look to of been recently decorated. Open style lobby/restaurant/bar. Typical menu for a chain. They had some trouble with the heating that evening & the lobby was cold, guess these things happen! Main criticism would of been the cleanliness of the ensuite, do believe a previous guest was using it as a barbers shop, there were hairs everywhere! Although to be fair all & all a nice hotel, would stay again

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us, I was pleased to read that your overall experience met your expectations. My sincere apologies regarding your bathroom, I have taken steps to ensure that our Housekeeping department are more diligent in future.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel, should your travel plans bring you back to the area.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I travel to Huntingdon frequently and on my last trip stayed at the HI.

I was very impressed, obviously it's very new so very clean and well looked after. I like the meal provision, you can order from your room and either collect from the lobby to eat there, eat in your room or pay a tray charge (£3) and have it delivered to your room. As a lone traveller I prefer room service so great for me.

The competition in this area is the Premier Inn and the Marriott. I would choose the HI over both. The Premier Inn is much noisier and a whole grade down in terms of facilities and service. The Marriott is underwhelming and over priced.

All the staff I encountered were very well trained and couldn't do enough to help.

My only criticism is that the continental breakfast is over priced at £10.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for the time you have taken to review your most recent stay with us. The service we provide is our priority, it’s great for the team to receive feedback such as yours. I also note your comment regarding breakfast, we do offer a wide variety of breakfast items within our continent option, and the price also includes a choice of tea or coffee and fruit juices.

I hope you welcome you back to the hotel in the near future on your return to the Huntingdon area
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn as we were going to a party in Huntingdon and didn't want to drive home. This hotel has just been open for three onths and it is beautifully kept, very clean and confortable. It has open plan public facilities, with area zoned by screens, pillars etc. Our room was very comfortable, with a balcony that affords an excellent view of the race course for anyone staying during a race meeting.
The whole place was spotlessly clean. Staff were friendly and efficient. The food was very good (the best tuna nicoice salad I hae ever had). The continental breakfast buffet was a letdown, but the cooked breakfast was extremely good.
In all, excellent value for money and a most comfortable break.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that my team made you welcome, also that the Hotel and Open Lobby concept were to your liking.

Thank you for all your feedback, I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future when visiting the area again.
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I stay here often and I'm never disappointed. Great staff who are well trained in customer service. The hotel is very modern and spacious. Decoration and fittings are to a high standard. They have a number of meeting rooms which are ideal for small team gatherings set in a relaxed environment. We found some good Corperate team building events local to the hotel. Bit of a daft barrier system in the car park. Great location just far enough off the main road to be quiet but convenient to get to by car and just a short taxi ride from the railway staton to and from London.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for take the time to write a review on your experiences, whilst staying with us at the Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, your feedback is appreciated. I was very pleased to hear that your experiences have been positive, the service we provide to our guest is a top priority. I was also pleased to read that you have found our conference facilities ideal for your meetings and our location convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Brampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We haven't stayed here as we live locally. We have been to the bar in the evening for drinks and had a great family meal here over Christmas. The staff are friendly and helpful. There are plenty of tv screeens, table football and shelves of books and games to keep everyone occupied.

Room Tip: We haven't stayed here as we live locally.,
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I was pleased to read that you have found my team welcoming and have enjoyed our Open Lobby, we have tried to ensure that there is a space for everyone. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, once again thank you for your comments.
Strathaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I've written this review after my second stay at this hotel. The fact that I have come back here suggests that all in all it is pretty good!

Everything here is spotlessly clean, fresh and new. The rooms are a reasonable size and very comfortable. The bar and restaurant area are quite cosy and relaxing. All the staff I have encountered have been extremely pleasant and courteous.

On the down side, if I was being picky, a gym with only three pieces of cardio equipment is a bit light for a hotel of this size. The hotel is also a long way from town, and could only be convenient for people going to the race course, in which case it is fantastic, right on the rails. For business travellers not too fussed about a night in the town or restaurants, provided you have a car this location is very convenient for travel, very near the junction of the A1(M) and the A14.

Overall, a good place to rest your head.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing your latest stay with us, I was pleased to hear that you haven’t chosen to stay with us a second time. Also that the team were welcoming, it is our priority to ensure that our guests receive the highest standard of customer service.

We do find that as well as race attendees, local business guests find our location convenient due to our position in relation to the major road networks. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future should your travel plans bring you back to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
#1 of 2 in Buckden
The Dolphin
The Dolphin
#3 of 4 in St Ives

Been to Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse? Share your experiences!