Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
US$108
US$103
  • Pool
US$90
The Thorpe Guesthouse(Hemingford Grey)
US$127
US$106
US$84
The Old Bridge(Huntingdon)
US$144
All reviewsrace courseexecutive roomrace meetingopen lobbyopen planbar and restaurant areahuntingdon racecoursemodern hotelreception staffstarbucks coffeebreakfast servicereasonable selectionrooms are excellentthe ground floorhuge bedquiet locationbusiness trip
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here 27-29 June during our annual car club event. Really nice place, very new, believe it only opened last October. Loved the open plan design downstairs, this makes it really spacious and airy. Bedroom was excellent, and the bed really comfortable, rooms have aircon, TV, internet, and all the other usual extras. Food in the restaurant was really good, if a tad pricey. Recommend their fish and chips!
Hotel provided security for our cars which was good, and the bar is open as long as required, so often I have been to hotels where the bar shuts around 1130 or midnight.
There is a gym available, I used it during my stay, has a treadmill, bike, free weights etc, but as it is quite small, if there were more than, say 6 at any one time, would be a tad cramped. Lucky for me I appeared to be the only fitness freak each day so had the place to my self!

Room Tip: If you can choose, ask for a room overlooking the race course, nice views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I was pleased to read that the hotel met your expectations. The hotel did only open at the end of September last year, and therefore feedback is very important to us, as we want to ensure the service we provide is of a high standard for all our guests.

I do hope that if your travel plans bring you back to the area, you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a new hotel which is very fresh and bright. The public areas and rooms are very clean and there is a nice patio for sitting out in good weather. It is easily accessible with electric doors and as I am a wheelchair user this was extremely good for me. The one let down in my opinion is the reception. On arrival we were told that the wheelchair accessible room on the ground floor was already occupied but there was another one on the first floor very near to the lift. Despite having booked this ground floor room in December and checked its availability two weeks before travel it was not available. I cannot understand why wheelchair accessible rooms are on upper floors - how does one get down in an emergency situation when you can't use the lift? However five minutes after we got to the room there was a knock in the door to say the ground floor room was available after all - seemed a bit strange to me. The safe in our room was not working despite following the instructions on the door. It was reported to reception and an assurance was given that it would be looked at. I am still waiting - very poor to my mind.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I was pleased to read that you found the hotel fresh and bright, and easily accessible.

We have two accessible rooms, my apologies that you were reserved the first floor room, when your preference is a ground floor room. Due to your conversation with our reception team reservations were moved to accommodate your request for a ground floor assessable room.

The hotel is fitted with two evacuation chairs, located on the first floor and the team are fully trained in there use. Should the hotel experience a full evacuation our fire plan includes the evacuation of guests requiring assistance. My apologies we were unable to fix your in room safe immediately, due to a fault that required further investigation.

Should you visit the area again, we hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a very good overnight stay here whilst attending our niece's wedding. As mentioned by previous guests, the staff on Reception were excellent and couldn't have been more helpful and courteous. Our room was spacious and very clean with pleasant and relaxing decor; all the facilities we needed and a fabulous shower!

Unfortunately, the staff on duty in the restaurant/breakfast area were somewhat slow with the service and although we had been asked what we would like to drink when we arrived, we were half way through our meal before we were able to catch the eye of someone and ask what had happened to our coffee. Having just read a previous review, I note that we were not the only ones to have experienced such a delay, and perhaps as suggested the breakfast 'welcomer' taking the coffee/tea order needs a better method to ensure everyone is served efficiently. I am afraid it does detract a little overall, from the excellent service we had received from the 'front of house' and the very pleasant, comfortable and well appointed room we had. However, we would still chose the hotel for another stay if we happened to be in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALC33220

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, also that our reception team were excellent. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience within our restaurant, my apologies for any inconvenience. Our Food and Beverage Manager is working with her team to ensure that the service we provide within the restaurant is of a consistent high standard.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

...another fantastic, value for money, hassle free visit to this gem of a hotel.

This is the third time my wife and I have stayed it and it is extremely difficult to fault. Advance booking rates including breakfast are ridiculously hard to beat. Rooms are clean, spacious and modern and staff couldn't be more friendly or accommodating. Customer service and satisfaction is a definite skill and staff here have mastered it.

The hotel is clearly getting more popular - noticeably busier than our previous visits - but this has had no impact on the enjoyment of our visit - we have heard no noise from other rooms or corridors.

The only disappointment I have about the quality of this hotel, is that despite looking to book for our next visit at the end of July over a month ago, it is completely booked already...word is clearly spreading!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to my team.

Should you wish to contact the hotel directly we can take a note of the date you are looking for at the end of July and call you back, if a room becomes available. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Hotel was chose by my employer for an overnight stay/business meeting. Convenient location a couple of minutes off the A14 but very quiet despite the proximity of the road. Unusual open plan bar/restaurant/reception area but still very comfortable and with a very pleasant outdoor terrace - shame this was east facing as it would have been nice to have the benefit of the sun later into the evening but that is probably more an oversight by the architect than the fault of the hotel! I would echo the comments made by a previous reviewer that there should be no place for the 'fire effect' screens in the lounge area - they don't add anything - especially on a warm June evening, and just look like....well, a TV showing a video of a fire!

Food was good - ate the evening meal in the restaurant (fish & chips) which was actually very good and with a decent portion size. Great breakfast (at least the cooked option was) - buffet style and plenty of everything available, although having been asked whether we wanted tea or coffee when arriving for breakfast this did not actually turn up for quite some time which would be a pain if one was in a hurry to check out (I don't thing the server took enough notice of our faces to be able to direct the order to the correct table). Bar staff could possibly take better notice of orders - I asked for a lime and soda which was made up as a lime and lemonade (I thought £1.50 was expensive as 50p for lime and soda is about the going rate (I am normally a VERY cheap date!). Ordered the same later in the evening and was given plain soda but with a couple of lime wedges in it.

The room was very good indeed. Huge bed, high standard or decor and an immaculate bathroom, with the customary soap/shampoo etc. Good TV, cabinet mounted on the wall (was a bit worried that me watching the late starting World Cup match might keep my neighbour awake on the other side of the wall, but I heard no shout to turn it down so assume that the walls must be fairly soundproof). Effective air conditioning meant that the room temperature could be lowered quickly as I prefer a slightly cooler room than many people.

The views from the rooms are very pleasant - overlooking the racecourse for rooms at the front (even numbered rooms?) and fields at the rear with the A14 in the distance. For the meeting the following day, the conference room was also well appointed - light and airy and with comfortable seating.

Overall I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel for anybody wanting a convenient stopover point or a comfortable room for a night or two. Obviously well placed for race meetings, but equally good for business users and those looking to break up a journey.If I had chosen it myself, as opposed to it being booked by the business, I would still have been reasonably happy with the choice.

Room Tip: I believe the even numbered rooms have a view over the racecourse (although they also look over the car park)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, your feedback is appreciated. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and our location was to your liking. I have discussed your comments regarding the service you received from our bar staff with our Food and Beverage Manager, who will conduct retraining with the team, my apologies for our mistake.

I do hope that if your business or leisure plans bring you back to the area you will choose to stay with us again.