Huntingdon Marriott Hotel(Huntingdon)
US$85
Redwings Lodge(Huntingdon)
US$71
US$69
The Thorpe Guesthouse(Hemingford Grey)
US$122
Hotels.com
US$117
US$113
Travelocity
The Willow Guest House(Hemingford Grey)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$128
US$125
Hall Farm B&B(Huntingdon)
US$131
US$127
Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
US$74
PremierInn.com
All reviewsrace courseexecutive roomrace meetingopen lobbyopen planbar and restaurant areahuntingdon racecoursemodern hotelreception staffstarbucks coffeequiet locationthe ground floorhuge bedgood sizebusiness tripdefinitely stay here againcar park
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This hotal was easy to get to over looking the race course. It was modern clean with lovely comfy beds and helpful staff.
The bonus for us having travelled for several hours was, the fact that they did all day food, which was most welcome. The breakfast in the morning was buffet with plenty on offer, whether you had cooked or continental. The best orange juice I have had for a long time!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank for reviewing your stay with us. I was pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and that you found our team helpful. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again when visiting the area.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

The positives for the hotel were location right by the race course with plenty of parking, lovely room which was spacious and clean with a nice walk in shower the public areas were nice and overall a good impression.
On arrival around 3.45pm we had to wait for a room to be available as were told housekeeping was short staffed the receptionist was helpful but apologetic and suggested we got a drink in the bar whilst we waited, purchased a coffee during our 20 minute wait in the lounge bar but to be honest would have been nice if the coffee had been offered complimentary due to the delay accessing our room.
The service at breakfast the next morning was not acceptable. The choice, presentation and quality was above average for a buffet but the staff attitude/service let it down badly. A 45 minute wait for a hot pot of coffee to arrive at the table having asked twice, first was told no pots free, then it was served cold (not even luke warm). No easy to get any attention from the waiting staff so went over to the kitchen and asked how I could order some well-cooked poached eggs they said someone would be over to take my order but having chased twice for someone to just take my order of eggs eventually two under cooked poached eggs with jellied whites and swimming in water arrived on my table. By this point I gave up trying to get any attention from the staff, and skipped breakfast not once did I see them ask if customers wanted a refill or be proactive in anyway, I wasn’t even given the option to ask for eggs well cooked. I rarely complain but on this occasion on check out I did mention the negative experience at breakfast and was told they were sorry to hear that which I felt wasn’t good enough.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have a balcony and are really nice
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aruba16

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I very much appreciate your feedback. My sincere apologies for your experience whilst at breakfast. I have discussed your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager and we are working together to ensure that this will not have again, Action has already been taken to resolve the issues you have pointed out. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel, as we would welcome the chance to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I have been an IHG member for a long while now. I thought rather than just stars, I have devised a scoring system of my own so I can show the strengths and weaknesses of a particular IHG I have stayed in. Each criteria (5) is given with 1 point each and any negatives would be deducted accordingly.
The total point is rounded to the nearest whole number.

Here goes:

Welcome/IHG member: yes. 1 /1 . We were welcomed as IHG member and we were given a choc bar each.

Services: .25/1 - the room has no fridge. We have stayed overseas usually IHG hotels and this is the first time we’ve had no fridge in the room. This wasn’t mentioned on check in. We enquired for a room with fridge and apparently there are only 7 rooms with fridge and those were the exec rooms. We’ve been asking for ice from the bar and take it to our room.

And last night, the hot shower was constantly changing temperature even though it wasn’t touched. It had gone from hot to couple of degrees hotter then back again to your set then change again.

Staff: .25/1 some were friendly but mostly looked tired and sleepy in the morning . Some don’t even acknowledge you.

The cleaners, we saw them in front of our room and rather than greeting us, they walked the other way as if running from a plague. There were icky mildews in the shower.

Food: .5/1 first day there were cold pancakes and maple syrup. Second day there was no pancake, third there were 2 cold pancakes left. This morning there were cold pancakes but no maple syrup that I had to ask from one of the staff. Hate to be a rain man here, pancake first before maple syrup.

Location: 1/1. Quiet, lush green at the back, no traffic sounds.

1,.25,.25,.5,1 = 3

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clivenme2002

Dear Guest

Thank you for all your comments Your review has been shared with our team and action taken where appropriate. We do hope you will continue to stay with IHG around the world.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

This was second time of staying at this hotel. The first was bad as room dirty and noisy from adjoining room. This last visit was worse !!!! We ordered room service for evening meal and the burgers are unedible. We decided to use the breakfast in room service only to find that despite hanging card on door that it was still there in morning. When we rang down to reception we were met with a rather abusive response accusing us of being liars and that we had not hung it out. They came and collected the card at 7.30am and we finally got breakfast at 9.40am of which when it came this too was unedible and incorrect. Due to the mess up we left both trays in room stills full and untouched. This hotel seriously needs to learn how to cook and the night shift requires retraining.
This was last chance saloon for this hotel and yet again fell very short of expectations for a holiday inn. We have had better quality and service at travelodges and roadside non chain hotels !!!!
I don’t think a refund for breakfast is acceptable as this was the second unacceptable stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Guest

Your feedback has been given directly to the hotel and responses made directly from the hotel and our guest relation department to you. The hotel disagrees with your comments, especially with your comments regarding a long standing member of our team. We are sorry that you feel that our service did not meet your expectations, and understand that you will be booking elsewhere in the future when visiting the area.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Booked through booking.com for a local wedding at Christmas last year and stayed for 2 nights. There is a refundable security deposit of £50 per room if paying in cash so ensure you have enough currency on you if this is the case. Staff were lovely and very friendly at all times. The lobby is open and inviting and had a few nice christmas decorations up when we visited. Rooms were clean and spacious. Beds were very soft and comfortable. Breakfast was beautiful and as it was a buffet you could eat as much as you liked. Only problem was the heating in one of our rooms wasn't working so it was a bit chilly however a member of staff promptly supplied a portable heater to the room which helped some bit. As far as I'm aware there are no airport or local buses that serve the hotel but staff provided us with a local taxi number.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that your stay was a comfortable one, also that you found our team friendly. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.