“Noisy, in desperate need of a refurb”

Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I didn't expect the Ritz as this is a budget hotel but I wouldn't recommend it.
It's scruffy and outdated and my room smelt of stale cigarettes. The room and bathroom were clean but scruffy, stained carpet etc. The towels and bedding looked clean but didn't smell fresh.
The lighting in the room was unpleasant and added to the general uncomfortable feeling that the room gave me.
The windows didn't open fully so the room was rather hot but it was so noisy outside that you wouldn't want the windows open anyway.
The breakfast was good.
Overall, I do not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank HolidaysRcool
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2010

We are disappointed that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service. Please be assured that your comments have been noted and on receipt of your booking detail will be fully investigated. Thanks for your review we hope to welcome your back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel

Reviewed 12 October 2010

The cons the staff are great very helpful professional and friendly. the room no problem.
Unfortunately stayed three nights and for two no sleep. When we arrived were told of the sleep guarantee - not sure how this works. The location is at the side of two busy motorways and the drone of traffic is constant. We were on the ground floor opposite the entrance to the restaurant. A busy eating venue with people out for the night to enjoy themselves fine however we did not wish to share it with them.
We had children running up and down the corridor late into the night. This noise continued with guests retuning late and wanting to talk in the corridors and knock on doors untill well after 12am. Insensitive behaviour
It may be that rooms at the rear of the building are quieter.
We like Premier Inns and usually have a good nights sleep so uncertain of the solution at this location.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank yellowday
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2010

We apologise for the disturbance your experienced during your stay at our Huntingdon hotel. It really matters to us that our guest are comfortable and have a good nights sleep and on the rare occasions this does not happen we take all feedback very seriously. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be duly investigate with the Management Team at our hotel. Thanks you very much for taking the time to review your stay as your feedback is of paramount importance to us. We do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

The premier inn is fantastic with pleasant, polite, proffesional staff, BUT the Brampton Inn pub next door is abissmal, the manageress and staff are all unpleasant, unpolite and very unprofesional, the pub is the most ramshackle run pub we have ever been in, there is no urgency to serve the customers and very rarely any one behind the bar, they would sooner be stood at the end of the bar chatting about thier love lives.
Tables are left full of empty glasses and used plates after food has been eaten, and thats another thing the food is very poor, we stayed here for seven nights and every meal we ordered came to the table either wrong or cold we ended up getting a chinese takeaway delivered to the hotel on our last two nights.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank DAVEYBYORKSHIRE
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Stayed 2 nights just before Bank Holiday - rooms very clean and spacious. We were aware of comments regarding noise from truck stop prior to booking and didn't really find this a problem. The rooms did not have aircon and we had to have the windows open both nights. Yes you could hear some road noise but this was nowhere near as problematic as the person in the room above us who, for whatever reason, constantly walked up and down their room until 3am each night. Needless to say we didn't get any quality sleep but this was purely down to the person above and in no way reflects on the comfort of the beds. Would I recommend this hotel? Yes - it ticked all the boxes we wanted - food available next door at the Brampton Hut and a short drive into Huntingdon and Brampton village. Highly recommend the Brampton Mill - lovely setting and fantastic food

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I stayed here for one night in an effort to finally resolve a personal difficulty I was having. The hotel was very convenient to the train station (about 3 miles and £7-8 in a taxi). I booked over the phone and check in was easy when I arrived. I was upgraded from the ground floor to a room on the second floor and the room was more spacious than I was expecting and was very, very clean. The grounds appeared to be very well kept and there were ample parking spaces. I was also surprised in the middle of the night by the night manager doing security rounds of the car park when I nipped out to partake of my filthy habit, so at least you know your vehicle should be safe in the night.

I was able to log onto the internet very easily (although it did cost a bit, but definitely worth it for my purposes). I didn't hear much noise even though I didn't have the TV on, one of the windows didn't close properly but I still didn't experience much noise at all. I had a really good nights sleep in a very comfortable bed with good pillows.

In the morning, my personal diffculty was on his way to meet me and I had to request a personal favour from reception. I won't go into details, however the receptionist was extremely helpful, she was genuinely concerned for my emotional and physical wellbeing. I have never been moved to write a commendation, however the way this young lady helped me deserves praise and her warm smile and genuine words are something I will remember for a long, long time. I have also written to the hotel to express my gratitude, but felt everyone else out there would like to know.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2010

An OK place, room was very clean, polite and helpfull reception staff.

I'm nit picking here...

The lorry park next to it with lorries ticking over making quite a noise, but double glazing windows shut in the room kills the noise off.

The seperate building for food and drink was very good, just wish the staff didn't reel off the "instructions" so quickly at breakfast, no doubt they get tired of reeling off how things work there I guess?

Very thin walls though, I could hear above and side occupants every footstep late at night.

As I say, nit picking, I would be happy to stay there again though, a good place really.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2010

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
#1 of 9 in Huntingdon
The Lion Hotel
The Lion Hotel
#1 of 2 in Buckden

Been to Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel? Share your experiences!