“Ignorance personified!”
Review of Boutique 25

Boutique 25
Ranked #32 of 33 Skipton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Due to a family illness I had to cancel this booking the day before our arrival. The email I sent wasn't acknowledged but I did get one saying I would be charged full price as I hadn't notified them. I replied to that email with a copy of my original and have sent 3 others to no avail.
So the hotel may be good but communication, charging for not staying apart, leaves an awful lot to be desired so I'd go somewhere they care a little more if i were you!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Found the hotel a bit tired,In our bedroom But the new owners informed me they are doing a room at a time up the bedroom was very clean, Nice white towel and bedding,
But the one toweling robe was very old looking and in need of a wash.
The breakfast was good and dining room nice and clean.
The only problem I found was we had a front bedroom and it was very noisy from people coming out of the cellar bar talking and having a smoke it would be even worse if you opened your window in the middle of the night a emergency light came on in the room waking me up I in formed the owner the next day she said someone in the cellar bar had turned the electric off.
Also parking the hotel charge you £5.00 I would not recommend this to any one we have a ford focus and due to having to go through a very tight archway and wall that comes in in the middle I clip my wing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linda s
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here for a few days to celebrate my daughters birthday and we weren't disappointed. We had rooms overlooking the pitch which were clean, comfortable and a good size. Rayan made a very professional team in the bar, they helped us with the balloons and took my daughter by surprise with the cake etc. they really made her day special. We ate in the restaurant at night and the food was great. indu on reception was also particularly charming and helpful. Would certainly return again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Fexxr
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed overnight last Saturday and given beautifull room Check in was dealt with by efficient courteous staff and the room was found to be spotlessly clean. Some previous reviewers had commented on the rooms looking tired, but really it was due to the furniture looking a little old fashioned for modern tastes. The furnishings were of very high quality and the bed very comfortable, together with a settee and single sofa with table in a spacious room. There was a bath with a shower above. it was only a 2 minute walk into Skipton Town Centre. Breakfast was very comprehensive with a wide choice of items to select from. Check out was just as efficient by courteous polite staff and it was a lovely weekend away. We would definitely go back if visiting Skipton again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Pacyyyy
Reviewed 5 September 2013

A very badly organised over price hotel, that destroys the repution of the hotel industry. Stayed at many hotels, this was our first experience of the "Hotel from Hell". The agreed price of the Hotel was more on arrival. The car parking is another £5, through an archway not suitable fior motor vehicles. No running hot water, over a hour wait for a "pre-time booked" breakfast.

Room Tip: Stayed at many hotels and guest houses, this was actually our first "Hotel from Hell". No...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhydwen
Reviewed 25 August 2013

as a last minute decision,decided to book hotel for my wife and bother and his wife in skipton.couldnt get anywhere,at last found just one room available at boutique 25 in centre of townthis was descibed as a suite for up to 6 people,so after reviewing on trip adviser mixed reviews we took the plunge and booked.after a long day out at cartmel races,we then had a 1 hour drive to our hotel,only to be met at the door by i presume the manager as he did not introduce himself.he then informed us that the room was not available as it had a leak.and no other rooms where available.he tried to offer us a room elsewhere but not in a hotel and no facillities.we kindly refused his offer.my problem was why where we not informed of this,as we bookrd it on the day surely they must have known about it.to add insult to injury he said we could use the bar at the hotel and he would then transfer us to somewhere else to sleep.we decided to drive home as it was late and as we had earlier checked all hotels in area were fully booked.makes you wonder if he thought nowhere else to stay we had no choice.thats one we can cross off our list to stay.not able to rate hotel as didnt get in.

Room Tip: make sure suite or attic doesnt have any leaks occur after booking
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank stephen s
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We wanted to find somewhere to go for a long weekend.We have just stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, and not dissapointed. The rooms are beautiful and the service is second to none.We had a wonderful weekend:)Thanks

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple