“great place”

Ranked #13 of 151 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Woolly Sheep is a traditional dining pub in the centre of Skipton, serving good quality freshly prepared food and great Timothy Taylors beers. We pride ourselves on the our service, atmosphere and produce, to ensure we always leave you wanting more.
scarborough
“great place”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

we visited this pub on a whim . it was a good choice the bar sold a fair few different types of beer =which hubby enjoyed trying = the pub was very clean and the staff very polite and helpful . the pub did food which smelt lovely ,shame we had eaten already .

Visited September 2013

Skipton, England, United Kingdom
“Not the cheapest meal but well worth the extra sometimes”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We went here last Sunday for a meal. Although in our own town it is a lot of years since I have eaten here. Could have been the Brick Hall when I went. I had the scampi which was wholetail, none of your pre-formed rubbish, and my partner had the steak. The chips come in what looks like a small version of a metal chip pan basket. Don't be deceived. It looks a small portion but is not. It was very fresh and well presented. The waitress was lovely. There is a large outside covered area with rattan tables and comfy chairs that is decked and heated. You can quite easily get settled in for the night outside wrapped up with a hot toddy.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bryony O
“Great pub great beer !!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

All you want from a country pub , excellent beer , comfy seats and a relaxed atmosphere. Very friendly staff . Well worth a visit

Visited October 2013
skipton
“Burnt pastry should not be served!!!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My friend and I decided to visit the Woolly Sheep having not been for a good few years. We ended up being very disappointed with what we were served. The staff were pleasant and cannot be faulted but unfortunately the food was not up to the same standard. We both ordered steak pie in a Ram Tam ale gravy with mash and veg. The mash and veg were lovely, no complaints there. The meat in the pie was tender enough but I personally didn't really like the taste of the gravy. The pie was served in a small dish with a shortcrust pastry top. I always thought shortcrust should be melt in the mouth but this was burnt and rock hard. We could not cut it up even when we stabbed it hard with our knives. It really should not have been served. It was as hard as a ginger biscuit!!! We finished our meal and informed the waitress and asked to pass our comments to the kitchen. The pie was also £9.95 which we both felt was overpriced. I don't think we will eat here again. I think from looking at other dishes going out that The Woolly Sheep is trying to become a gastro type pub but not quite making the grade.

• Visited October 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Wonderful Sunday Roast”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I read the reviews of the Woolly Sheep on Trip Advisor and decided it sounded like a good idea for our small family reunion in Skipton. I was so glad I choose this place. The meal was just wonderful and the roast came as ordered by each of our party. This inn is quite small and obviously very popular as we saw them turn away several other groups while we were there. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013