“Top quality”

Price range: US$29 - US$49
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taste the Yorkshire Dales with delicious dishes at Rhubarb!Using seasonal, local produce wherever possible gives our dishes the quality and freshness that makes them so delicious. Offering modern British cuisine with a Yorkshire twist and sourcing seasonal ingredients gives you the very best menu throughout the year. Relax, unwind and enjoy home-cooked food in the candle-lit setting complimented by a large wine list,fine cask ales and friendly staff to complete the perfect dining experience.
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel and ate in their restaurant Rhubarb, what can I say, what a bonus. The menu shows great imagination using quality local ingredients. The fish board tells a story from where it was caught and by whom and even the name of the boat!!!! The fish was delightful, scallops with English asparagus was to die for.. Breakfast the following morning deserves a mention too, all freshly cooked and lots of choice. The hotel is lovely and the staff are attentive which made our whole stay great. Would def recommend this hotel if your staying in skipton. 5*****

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I am so ridiculously disgusted with this place. I have had many good experiences and spent many THOUSANDS of pounds in terms of functions over the years. Also, the managers are wonderful people. But no, today, is enough. Enough, enough. I dined there with a group of people 3/4 weeks ago and had to complain about the food. One guest was not given what she ordered (the chef substituted all sorts and never bothered to mention it). Then another guest ordered the haddock and chips (no problem but felt sick after 15 mins of eating). The guest had to go to be sick as she was so ill and then felt better. In the meantime, the chef came out and was aggressive and practically accused the party of lying.

Why they would after the thousands they had spent on functions there over MANY years, I am not sure. He was aggressive, nasty and ridiculous. However, I made the excuse of overlooking this to some extent today and came in with my friend who had travelled a long way to have a drink. Time passed and we were told that we were not allowed food, even though food ended at 2.30 and it was only 2.28 pm. Apparently, all the chefs had gone home.

We then stayed for drinks. After this, a lady came to tell us that we were not allowed to be served food after having ordered as the chef had looked at us and did not want to serve us for no reason apart from the fact that he had remembered is from complaining and simply refused. This man is ridiculous and is intimidating and revolting. He and they by default deserve no custom. It's just a shame today that this has cost Herriots such a customer and friends. Again, I am REVOLTED. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

1  Thank Sarah2yorkshire
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Went for my birthday as we had got a deal on the rooms and decided to eat in the hotel as well. We were greeted by really lovely friendly staff and our rooms in the hotel were beautiful. More like mini suites. We went and had a drink in the bar which was sadly fairly quiet. A few cocktails were had and we went through to the dining room. Again it was sadly a bit quiet for a saturday night. We were a bit concerned that this was a sign that it would be poor. We were not disappointed however!!! The food was absolutely excellent, and we are not the easiest group to please!! In fact I'd say we don't suffer bad food/service gladly!!! We had bread and pesto as a grazing plate first. The pesto deserves a special mention as it was so clearly home made, with delicious little chunks of pine nut and parmesan mmmmm!!! I had scallops to start which were tender and juicy and beautifully cooked. A rare rib eye steak which was beautifully seasoned and quite delightful with home made onion rings. Lashings of cold icy wine which was very reasonably priced. All in all a really good well cooked and served meal. No issues with any of it. Would go back regularly if I lived nearer. All I can say is to anyone that is passing through skipton then give it a try!! The staff are lovely and can't do enough to help. We stayed over and had breakfast in the morning. I could feel my waist band getting tighter! Beautiful fresh sausage and a fab cooked breakfast. Unlimited fresh juices and toasts. Lots of top ups of fresh coffee for our poor hung over heads, and not too heavy on the pocket. Thanks to the staff for making it such a lovely evening!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The quality of the food and the presentation was very poor. Lettuce and tomato sandwich's
Mayo and egg , (slop ! More mayo than egg. ) than other filling was what look what you get as a supermarket egg mayo with a bit of grated cheese. ! It looked like it had come from the supermarket across the road ! In fact it all did. Cheap dry bread with slop in the middle ! I tried one bit of the sandwich and it just fell apart with it being so sloppy and was just tastes other than mayo. Then a tray of what looked like dry scones and dish of funny tasting cream ( like it had taken on smells of other food out of the fridge )and jam along with a sliced Swiss roll. Tea and coffee was served with it. Very strange coffee,Like a mix of filter that had been strengthened with instant !! This should have been £38 for 2 ! I wouldn't have paid the £8 never mind the rest ! I had pre booked for my family of 6 for what I thought was going to be an high class afternoon tea. What a massive disappointment !! We spoke to the manager who arrived with a few more sandwiches. Which we didn't want by this time she was trying to tell us nobody else had complained when two lady's sat nearby said they had what we'd had and they complained too ! So lying was then added to the list of complaints. All together bad experience . Iv scored it 1 because they don't have a Nil on the scores .i would not be paying for this ! Picture will be added and remember this was all we got for 6 people at what should have been £38 for 2 total if £114 for this !! Poor sorry excuse for an afternoon tea

2  Thank Upfrontjules
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had dinner their twice, and the steak was really good. The service also is good. The risotto was pre-cooked, and I couldn't order it because it was already cooked with wine.