“Substandard considering the price”

Rhubarb Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #31 of 151 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$29 - US$49
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taste the Yorkshire Dales with delicious dishes at Rhubarb!Using seasonal, local produce wherever possible gives our dishes the quality and freshness that makes them so delicious. Offering modern British cuisine with a Yorkshire twist and sourcing seasonal ingredients gives you the very best menu throughout the year. Relax, unwind and enjoy home-cooked food in the candle-lit setting complimented by a large wine list,fine cask ales and friendly staff to complete the perfect dining experience.
Manchester
“Substandard considering the price”
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Although I had heard good things about this restaurant through the reviews on the Hi-Life website I was disappointed with the quality. The staff were very nice and friendly, but the food really wasn't that good. It seemed like a case of a lazy chef:

Starter of baked camembert was exactly that - an oven dish with a whole wheel of camembert in it. Paid extra for the bread to go with it - otherwise we would have been dipping unripe cherry tomatoes and carrot into it. When I eat in a restaurant I'd expect some kind of expertise and preparation going into a dish, and this had none. Anyone can bake a wheel of cheese.

Main of Lancashire hot pot was like no hot pot I've ever seen. The dish was obviously made up from a previously roasted joint of beef. The beef had then been sliced and layered at the bottom of an over dish, covered in gravy and sliced potatoes and attempted to be passed off as a hot pot. This is lazy preparation - if you're advertising a hot pot it should be the dish people expect. Vegetables that came also were super-hot and had the consistency of vegetables that had just come out the microwave.

I can't comment on the desserts - we gave up by that point.

Midlands
“What a lovely restaurant! Me and my...”
Reviewed 11 February 2010

What a lovely restaurant! Me and my girlfriend booked a table and when we arrived we were greeted by a female Member of staff. She was friendly and very professional. The food was excellent and the desserts are to die for!! They have got this restaurant spot on!! And the overall experience was excellent. Credit to the staff!