“Tung po excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tung Po

Tung Po
Ranked #85 of 147 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
“Tung po excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We have been customers of the tung po both to eat and and take always for many years. The staff are fantastic, they serve you with a smile, the food is fantastic, always freshly prepared and wonderful flavours. The menu is never ending and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. A really great Chinese, well priced and very welcoming, highly recommend a visit.

Visited September 2013

Skipton, United Kingdom
“One word - awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Continuing on from reviewing restaurants in my home town, this is by far one of the best Chinese restaurants you will ever eat in.

It's not in the Town Centre but you can walk to it in 15/20mins or so...and it'll be worth it, trust me!

I used to live close to this place and even though I don't now, I usually visit here once a month either in the restaurant or as takeaway.

I can't grumble at any of the food...only maybe that the starters are sometimes enough for two (no bad thing though as prices are reasonable).

The salt and pepper squid and or chicken is amazing, please do try it...Also one of my favourites are the salt an pepper chicken wings and also the Fillet Steak in cantonese sauce.

The staff who work there are genuinely interested in you and always make your stay welcoming. A must try for any chinese food lovers...don't miss out!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BrettBButler
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese in Skipton...if not the county!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Been going here for years, even used to rent a house a few doors away from the restaurant!

Takeaway and eat in...both are great! Staff are always really friendly and remember you if you go in enough times! We once had a problem with our card (which wouldnt work) and didn't have any cash on us to pay for a takeaway...no problem we were told, just come back and pay next time you get a takeaway or whenever your passing! That's the kind of place we like! :)

The BBQ ribs are to die for, the meat just falls off the bone, never had a bad meal there! I always take ages to decide what I want as I know it is all so good!

• Visited June 2013
Skipton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese in Skipton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Me, my girlfriend and other family members have ate here on many occasions, both sit in and takeaway. Food is always on top form, and the people are great. There is no other chinese in skipton for me. :-D

• Visited August 2013
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“All round yummy =)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Me & a friend came here last year after I asked my Dad to recommend a Chinese in Skipton.
His reply was "If the one on Broughton Road is still open eat there. Me and your Mum used to go there when we lived in Skipton"... It's at least 30 years since Mum & Dad lived in Skipton & that says it all. If something stands the test of time it's for a reason. The food was top notch, and plenty of it too. Quick & friendly service to with it. We got there early & there were people already in & a steady stream of calls & customers he whole time we ate. Maybe a little dated inside, but who cares? I'm going out to eat, not look around the place. Think I'll have a little trip there tonight actually ! A couple of the ratings don't apply to this place, ie Bar or Outdoor seating. Hope that doesn't drag the review down any!

• Visited October 2012