“Succeding at the basics”
Review of Tung Po

Tung Po
Ranked #82 of 161 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2013

These guys are not trying to be anything special, but what they do, they are doing sufficiently well. This is a fairly normal Chinese restaurant / takeaway. The young guy that does front of house is really friendly and helpful and a credit to his parents. The food is exactly what you would expect - very similar to so many other Chinese takeaways. The food doesn't excite me, but doesn't let me down. The service is exceptionally quick. I like the free bag of prawn crackers if you spend over a set amount. I would recommend but not passionately.

1  Thank Simon E

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had the set menu for 4. Probably a bad choice as it came with the standard anglicised chinese food format of over sweet dishes. It was pretty average and the beer and wine is definitely well overpriced. Would look elsewhere in the future

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have been customers of the tung po both to eat and and take always for many years. The staff are fantastic, they serve you with a smile, the food is fantastic, always freshly prepared and wonderful flavours. The menu is never ending and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. A really great Chinese, well priced and very welcoming, highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Continuing on from reviewing restaurants in my home town, this is by far one of the best Chinese restaurants you will ever eat in.

It's not in the Town Centre but you can walk to it in 15/20mins or so...and it'll be worth it, trust me!

I used to live close to this place and even though I don't now, I usually visit here once a month either in the restaurant or as takeaway.

I can't grumble at any of the food...only maybe that the starters are sometimes enough for two (no bad thing though as prices are reasonable).

The salt and pepper squid and or chicken is amazing, please do try it...Also one of my favourites are the salt an pepper chicken wings and also the Fillet Steak in cantonese sauce.

The staff who work there are genuinely interested in you and always make your stay welcoming. A must try for any chinese food lovers...don't miss out!

1  Thank BrettBButler
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Been going here for years, even used to rent a house a few doors away from the restaurant!

Takeaway and eat in...both are great! Staff are always really friendly and remember you if you go in enough times! We once had a problem with our card (which wouldnt work) and didn't have any cash on us to pay for a takeaway...no problem we were told, just come back and pay next time you get a takeaway or whenever your passing! That's the kind of place we like! :)

The BBQ ribs are to die for, the meat just falls off the bone, never had a bad meal there! I always take ages to decide what I want as I know it is all so good!