“excellent bistro”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ipswich
“excellent bistro”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

So glad we went here- fantastic service from the moment we arrived, shown to a table straight away. We only wanted a light lunch and as my husband was driving, just ordered a half pint each (black gold and 1816- both wonderful). When our drinks were brought to us, the lovely waiter had brought 3 other glasses with a small amount of the other beers they had on offer. Such a nice touch- and I'm glad he did as we then knew what bottles to buy from the gift shop to take home with us. There was a seasonal on (Freddie Trueman) and being a huge cricket fan myself and knowing that this wouldn't be in bottle, I decided to get a half pint of that aswell because it was legendary- just like the man it was named after. Cue evil stare from hubby as he couldn't have any more!
We had a sharing platter starter between us as our lunch, it was huge and only cost £10! Breads, meats, smoked fish, tomatoes, olives, balsamic vinegar and oil. It was amazing. We then shared a dessert, trio of sorbet (sharp lemon, mango and strawberry champagne) and it had peanut brittle sprinkled over the top. Absolutely divine. Hubby also ordered a coffee, which came with a huge jug of milk and a full bowl of sugar cubes- at the time, I found it funny and thought it was overkill, but I soon realised that this was because you get free refills on the coffee. As soon as the first coffee was finished, our waiter whipped away the empty cup and put a fresh one down- wonderfully attentive and totally unexpected.
We'd like to go back and get a proper meal from them, as I'm sure it would be awesome. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PixieButcher1987

Barrowford
“Wish it was nearer”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This Bistro is in an industrial unit and you might be tempted to turn around and go somewhere else, but DON'T. Once inside you soon forget and the room is very welcoming. We were shown to our table and offered drinks straight away while we were shown the menu. There was a good choice of dishes and the special board was very tempting. In fact It was a very difficult task picking which meal I wanted, I could have easily picked half a dozen! The ale was excellent and I wasn't disappointed with the food. There was a group of 5 of us and none of us left any food on the plates it was that good. The service was excellent and the waiters all seemed to be enjoying their jobs and shared banter with us. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Bistro and will be going back soon. There was only one criticism, one of our party ordered steak and the waiter asked if she would like salad or veg with that only to be charged extra. It sounded the way he asked that it was part of the dish and that was a choice.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Barrowfordclaret
Bingley, United Kingdom
“Bad service!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My friends and I had a meal at Copper Dragon Bistro and we were not impressed!
My mum regularly goes in an afternoon and has also visited the shop a few times so we thought we would check out the restaurant...we booked a table and turned up maybe 15 minutes earlier than our reservation, this obviously didnt go down too well as we were ignored for the first half an hour of being there, it then took another 20 minutes for us to receive our drinks and a further 40 minutes for us to be served with any food! This was accompanied by being given evil stares from the female waitress throughout the entire night!
I had been given a gift voucher for my birthday to be used at this establishment and felt it was completely wasted on the poor service, actually it was disgraceful service, why it is acceptable to have staff members staring rudely all the time is beyond me!
Also there is absolutely no lighting down the alleyway in to the car park, which for a group of girls was slightly worrying especially given the location!
Will not be returning any time soon!

• Visited January 2013
“A real gem!”
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Another great meal at the Copper Dragon! We went for my daughter's 9th birthday as she loves the food there and they make the children so welcome. It was the grandparents first meal there and they were really impressed with the service and great value food.

• Visited April 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“What a Gem”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Tucked away in a brewery on an industrial estate this place is a real surprise. It may be away from town centre but you don't need other bars when the quality of beer and food here is so good. Had a fantastic 3 course meeal - totally full when I was finished. Staff friendly, prompt servcie, lots of original things on menu and varied specials board made teh choice very hard - need to go back to try other things! Thoroughly reccomend it, though need to go prpepared to drink a bit as the beers are very drinkable.

• Visited April 2013