“Not as good as previous visits”
Review of Copper Dragon Bar Bistro - CLOSED

Copper Dragon Bar Bistro
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as good as previous visits”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We booked for my son's birthday on a Sunday teatime. When we arrived, it was clear that we need not have booked as only 1 other table was occupied. We ordered drinks and started to look at the menu. We noted that the large chalk board had nothing on it, and it seems to have been replaced with a sheet of paper in the menu.
We ordered but were generally disappointed with what we got, apart from the fish pie which was apparently nice.
2 of us went for one of the 'specials', pork schnitzel. This was quite greasy and a bit overdone. In fact the underside was a little burnt is places, as if it has been left in the frying pan too long. My son's battered haddock was ok if a little burnt tasting and his and my daughters chips were very dark and also a little burnt tasting. My wife went for the steak and ale pie which was basically 2 pieces of puff pastry with a mountain of steak and gravy between. When she queried the lack of any chips or other potatoes, the waitress told her that it didn't come with any. We checked the menu on leaving to see it clearly stated it should have come with chunky chips.
I was going to mention this all when I went to pay but another in the party beat me to it and paid up, saying 'lets just go home'.
So generally it was all a bit disappointing which is a shame as we have been a few times before with no real problems. The visit put us off going again.

• Visited January 2014

Skipton, United Kingdom
“Great food, no atmosphere!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Superb choice of food, everything fresh and delish, great range of Copper Dragon beers. Sadly the place has the atmosphere of an industrial unit! Think Car showroom meets TV studio with great chefs and good beer!

Visited November 2013
Leeds
“Large party no problem! Great food nice ambiance”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I had my hen do here with 20 odd ladies having various amount of courses and all choosing different things! My organiser said the staff were really helpful when booking and the food was really good on the day! All guests made good comments regarding their meals.
I have previously dined with smaller groups here and we always enjoy the food. I live the ambiance of the place and feel I could sit there all day!
When you first arrive it is a little weird setting it feels like your going into an office building but you soon forget once your in!
My personal fav is pâté starter ( pretty big) and Thai fish cakes. They serve local and special brews for those who like that sort of thing and a good selection of wine too.
I wouldn't take my 2 year old there as he would destroy the setting but my 11 year old daughter and I have had several leisurely lunches there.

• Visited September 2013
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“A little gem tucked away!”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We went in the bistro as part of our visit to Copper Dragon and brewery tour.

Fantastic meal, very reasonably priced.

**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED**

• Visited December 2013
skipton
“High standard has slipped”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We have been going to the Copper Dragon Bistro for several years and have always been 100% satisfied until today. Four of us had just one course each. Fish and Chips twice, fish pie and challenger chicken. I was happy with my choice but I was told the chips were hard and cold and the fish had a watery taste, no flavour at all. The size of the chips portion was disappointingly small. The choice of ales was poor, no 1816 or I.P.A. (It's supposed to be a Brewery). The specials menu has deminished and choice is expensive and to expected to pay over £5.00 for a desert is too much. Usually I have difficulty in choosing just one main course (plenty of choice) but today it took me a long time to find something I would enjoy. Come on Copper Dragon, there is a lot of competition in Skipton, don't get left behind. This is the first time I have said anything negative about the Copper Dragon Bistro.

• Visited December 2013