“Worth a Visit”
Review of Copper Dragon Bar Bistro - CLOSED

Copper Dragon Bar Bistro
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Worth a Visit”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

In Skipton with Granddaughter and baby needing somewhere for lunch Went to the copper Dragon where they gave us a table with plenty or room to put the baby and while we gave or order the heated the baby food for us Plus the fact we had a nice lunch of smoked haddock with poached egg , served by very helpful staff made this a very pleasant visit

Bradford
“Second visit - such a disappointment.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We called here on the Saturday of the Milk Race. The last time I ate there I'm sure there were more veggie options. I asked if the chef could make me ratatouille and was told "No but I could have Mediterranean veg with pasta". Nice try but I declined and we ate at the Bay Horse instead. Still not a reasonable selection but by this time we were both really, really hungry. I've asked a few times at eateries if ratatouille could be put on the menu as it's such a simple dish and could be offered to meat eaters as an accompaniment (and more to the point, as a decent alternative to the bog standard veggie options offered to vegetarians). Not seen it yet though.

1 Thank Hermum
Keighley
“Excellent food, great staff”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We visted at lunchtime on the14th July, we both had one of the specials, I had the chicken ceasar salad, my wife had the smoked haddock dish, both were excellent.

The staff are very welcoming and friendly, couldn't have hoped for a better experience.

1 Thank Dan C
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Best pub in town”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This brewery is a great place to try local food and drink.
Just on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales in the market town of Skipton you can find quality food served with quality beers at an affordable price.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gordon B
London, United Kingdom
“Friday Lunch”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Every time we spend time in Yorkshire, we have a trip to the Copper Dragon in Skipton. In the past we have always had excellent food and service. Unfortunately this time, although the food was as good as always, we were disappointed by the service. The young woman who served us was very pleasant, but after each course, when she cleared the plates all she said was 'was it OK'. The young man, who seemed to be in charge and although he was very efficient, I felt uncomfortable, he just wasn't friendly, there was little conversation, in fact he looked bored and I felt as if we were an intrusion. i noticed he was more animated with other diners. It put a damper on what was supposed to be a lovely occasion.