“Extremely good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Craven Heifer Inn
Ranked #38 of 147 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derby, United Kingdom
“Extremely good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights on the 22nd and 23rd and found the whole experience very pleasant. The accommodation was spotlessly clean, the atmosphere very relaxed and the food excellent. We found the staff to be very friendly and obliging and we will certainly be returning in the future.

england
“Great value Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

My wife and myself stayed at this hotel for two nights 22nd\23rd April 2011.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were made very welcome. The owners are the friendliest, most attentive and considerate that we have met in a long time, as were the staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

My wife has severe lung disease and the ground floor room was perfect for her. The en suite room was spotlessly clean, toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities provided and replenished on our second day. The views of the surrounding countryside are outstanding.

The meals were reasonably priced and well cooked. As my wife has little appetite we asked if she could have a meal from the children's menu, no problem, they were only too pleased to oblige. The wait for freshly cooked food was nowhere near unreasonable. The children's meal was large enough for many adults. The breakfasts are enormous and varied, almost worth the room rate in themselves.

The ambiance in the bar area was excellent, pleasantly informal and friendly. There is a large selection of whiskeys and spirits, and of beers including real ale.

We observed that the inn is very child friendly. The staff were very good to families with young children.

We paid £54.95 per room per night, a bargain, well worth the money. We shall certainly return, and would recommend the inn to anyone.

I wonder after reading other reviews that we have been to the same place, as our experience was the exact opposite to most of them.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
johndSkipton, Owner at Craven Heifer Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Thank you verymuch for your kind words and we look forwrad to seeing you soon.
milton keynes
“Good food completely ruined by abusive management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

We were disappointed with our meal as, although the food was fine, the service was only adequate and the delay of over an hour for it to arrive meant it was too late to be enjoyable. There was no apology or explanation.
I complained to the manager and suggested a discount. Big Mistake! Her response was unbelievable. She was extremely rude, her manner very aggressive and there wasnt a glimmer of an apology let alone a discount.I felt very intimidated. As I was so upset, never having been spoken to like tha before. I returned to the dining room. She followed, demanded that we pay and get out.
We'd eaten the food so had no choice but to obey and leave. Originally we were all going to have a dessert but we couldnt get out of there quick enough.
How on earth can the treat customers like that and still be in business?None of us will ever set foot in the place again.

5 Thank Jeanette021
johndSkipton, Owner at Craven Heifer Inn, responded to this review, 29 April 2011
As can clearly be seen this is the third review from the same people. These cowardly people are deliberately bending the truth amd misusing trip advisors forum. Their meal was 10 minutes late and they demanded a discount. They were rude and we couldn't wait to get them out of our dining room.

We are one of the busiest pubs in the area for one simple reason our food is excellent. All our food is cooked to order using the finest local ingredients. On a busy evening we can be cooking 130 covers and it may take some time for the food to arrive. We clearly state this on our menu.

I am afraid we don’t offer fast food we offer quality. This group of people would be better off at McDonalds.
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Never go to this pub”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

Having experienced dreadful service and management in this place, we left thinking we had been unlucky. reading the reviews on this site confirm that this is not a one-off.

we waited for food for over an hour after ordering. on complaining (to who was presumably the owner) we were met with verbal aggression. when we suggested a discount may be fitting, the management stormed to our table and told us to "settle the bill and get out". left with no choice we paid and left. don't worry, we will stay out.

rudest service we have ever experienced. don't touch this pub with a large barge pole.

the best conclusion we could reach on the whole evening was that we were not sworn at. think that says it all

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bristol_SMajor
johndSkipton, Owner at Craven Heifer Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Please see our reply to an earlier comment this is the same group of people. I would re-iterate that these people demanded a discount for waiting 10 minutes longer than we originally stated on a busy saturday night in a full pub and restaurant. They clearly stated if we did not give them a discount they would slander us on trip advisor.

We are one of the busiest pubs in Skipton for the right reasons.
Bradford, United Kingdom
“fantastic food lovely people great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

I visited with my family on Saturday evening. The atmosphere was lovely with the owners working behind the bar and they gave us a very warm welcome. The starters were all home-cooked, I had the homemade pate which was delicious followed by the heifer pie which was the nicest steak pie I have ever had. My party all enjoyed their meals; the service was excellent, the waitresses were all young and attentive and the owners extremley friendly. I will definitely be back.