“OMG”

Craven Heifer Inn
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we found this place by accident? destiny? the best meal ever ever ever. we had the heifer pie first night and I've never seen one like it HUGE!!! with tons of meat and try as I did I couldn't finish it. second night we went back I had braised steak and my husband had gammon both substantial meals and full of flavour as was the pie- no small portions here. NEVER GO PAST THIS PUB without trying food out we will definitely be back when next in yorkshire

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visited on a busy Saturday night. First impressions were that it could do some modernising, but this was quickly forgotten about when the bar staff gave us a warm welcome and let me taste the beer before choosing.
We had to wait a while for our meals to come but this was fine as it was worth the wait. Home cooked chips, a really tender / tasty steak and ale pie - and the portions were massive.
There was no room for pudding.
We'll definitely visit again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My friend and I were on our way up to the dales and noticed this place and decided it looked nice and busy so we would stop and have lunch. What a brilliant decision! We were warmly greeted by a member of staff who told us about the menus and told us which tables they had left. We quickly sat down as we didn't want to miss out on the delicious smelling food. I ordered lasagne and my friend had the heifer pie. What a treat probably the best lasagne I have tasted full of flavour and the pie I was told was equally as good with gorgeous pastry to top it off. We had originally decided to try a pudding but we simply didn't have the room. The staff were nice and polite and very happy in there work it seemed - what a refreshing change from most eating establishment. It was our first time in the heifer but it certainly won't be our last we shall return!

1  Thank Sparkle F
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed Fri-Sun (Easter Wkend). Arrived 2pm, very busy, meals looked very tempting! Warm & friendly welcome, 'hosts' took time to 'chat', even tho' v busy. Good sized room/ensuite, snow white towels & bed linen, hot drinks tray, menu's/tourist info' in room. Amazing views. Best Continental Breakfast Table I've ever seen, choice of fruit-juices, cereals, fresh fruit/cocktail, croissants, jams, cheeses, spreads, yoghurts. Tea/Coffee, toast freshly made to order/top-ups, no problem! Evening meals, all freshly prepared on ordering, huge amount of prawns in lovely cocktail! Roast leg/lamb, rib-eye+trimmings, all delicious, and the tastiest fish-pie ever! Saturday night/dining was exceptionally busy, but the service and food quality could not be faulted. Will visit/stay again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned home after a fantastic nights stay at the craven heifer.
The carvery was delicious,the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were lovely and clean and catered for my needs for me and my small children.
After lunch we went for walk in the surrounding country side.. which was beautiful and the children loved the sheep. We have already booked our next visit.