“Disappointed again”

The Bull At Broughton
Ranked #10 of 153 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: The Bull at Broughton has long been one of Yorkshire's landmark pubs...famous as much for its hospitality as it is for its beautiful location. We harvest the finest, freshest seasonal ingredients from the pick of local artisan suppliers, and create a menu inspired by tradition but influenced by contemporary twists. Menus are inspired by Nigel Haworth using only the freshest ingredients harvested by our local food heroes. Enjoy regional Cask Ales and an award winning wine list specially chosen by leading wine expert, Craig Bancroft. The Bull is full of atmosphere, character and charm, but above all its relaxing, with al fresco dining in the summer and crackling log fires in the winter.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Fourth time and likely to be the last time we have eaten at The Bull. The 1st occasion over a year ago the food was exceptional and since then the standard has steady slipped. We went on Mother's Day this year and it was without doubt the most disappointing lunch we've ever had. The owner if the Bull provided vouchers so we could return again and unfortunately the experience was only slightly better. I can't believe how the standards here have dropped here. I can't see is returning again

1  Thank OfficialD
GM_RVI, General Manager at The Bull At Broughton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback following your fourth visit to The Bull.

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not up to our normal high standards on several separate occasions.

We will take your comments on board and hope you do return for a better experience in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Bull At Broughton

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the bull again as we fancied eating outside in the lovely weather for a change! As before when we visited we were greeted warmly, chose a great table outside on the patio and were served brilliantly by a young man whose name I unfortunately didn't catch as he is excellent and if I had my own restaurant I'd be stealing him from there! We had the delicious cauliflower fritters to start, my husband was tempted by the smoked haddock scotch egg and we shared the pork platter. As usual the food was fab, we will definitely be back soon! Keep up the excellent work guys!

1  Thank sparklechops77

Thanks for you comments following your visit.

We're glad you enjoyed our new outdoor area and that you were well looked after by our team. We're also glad you enjoyed your food and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We called here for dinner on the way back from skipton & the food was excellent! We had the fish & chips (the large portion was huge) & the beef burger which was cooked as requested with the best chips ever on the side!

The staff are all very polite & friendly.... Nothing was too much trouble. I would definitely recommend. Thanks for a great meal

1  Thank heather2912

Thank you for the feedback from your visit at The Bull recently.

We are glad you enjoyed the food and glad that you were well looked after, I will certainly pass your positive comments onto our team.

Myself and the team look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I have called about once a month for a couple of drinks on a saturday teatime, always thought the food looked and smelled good. Today we decided to call in for Sunday Lunch and it was excellent the best we have ever had needless to say my wife said it first and I agreed with her. The beef was absolutely perfect very tasty and tender, the green beans done firm but cooked, carrott and turnip mash sublime, mashed potatoe wonderful, the roast potatoes very crispy on the outside light and fluffy on the inside. Home made yorkshire pud yum yum. the gravy made the dish still licking my lips 5 hours later. On the expensive side at £14.50 but well worth the money. Going to call again soon.

1  Thank GAZZAPOP

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your visit to The Bull.

Thank you for calling in for our Sunday Lunch, we were really please to read that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon, whether for a drink or a Sunday roast!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Food was very good - we chose a fish pie and a seafood platter and shared both! Loved the jam sponge too. Service attentive without being intrusive. Recommended.

1  Thank Sevvyboy

Thanks for you comments.

We're glad you enjoyed your meals... and the Skipton pudding!
Hope to see you again soon.