“Not the best”

The Bull At Broughton
Ranked #22 of 162 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Bull at Broughton has long been one of Yorkshire's landmark pubs...famous as much for its hospitality as it is for its beautiful location. We harvest the finest, freshest seasonal ingredients from the pick of local artisan suppliers, and create a menu inspired by tradition but influenced by contemporary twists. Menus are inspired by only the freshest ingredients harvested by our local food heroes. Enjoy regional Cask Ales and an award winning wine list specially chosen by leading wine expert, Craig Bancroft. The Bull is full of atmosphere, character and charm, but above all its relaxing, with al fresco dining in the summer and crackling log fires in the winter.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here a couple of years ago on the way to Bolton abbey and it was lovely so decided to come back today with our two children. We picked a table outside due to the lovely weather, very nice waitress got us seated and took our drinks order. It seemed to take quite a while for our food order to be taken however. About 10 mins later the waitress comes back and says that they have run out of buns (I ordered a burger)...surprising really as it was only 6pm, so would I like my burger on normal bread?! Don't think that would work...so I looked at the menu again and asked for the fish pie, to which she said it would take a further 20 mins to cook! We had already been there over half an hour at this point and the kids were starving. In the end I went for the red pepper and chick pea stew. Food came, they brought my daughter sausages when I had asked for chicken but couldn't be bothered to send it back. Wasn't happy with the stew! It was ok but essentially just a tin of tomatoes with some peppers and chick peas chucked in...£13?!?! Where that price has come from is beyond me there were meat dishes for less than that. Nobody at all came to ask us how our food was, offer another drink etc. We left before our plates were collected and my partner had to go in to pay because there seemed to be nobody around at this point. Didn't bother with pudding as thought we would be there too long. I wouldn't say the place was rammed. One other point my 3 year old had some colouring paper and crayons to use and the crayons were in a glass which isn't really appropriate for the very young ones.

4  Thank Lisa B
General M, General Manager at The Bull At Broughton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Lisa, I'm very sorry to read of your disappointment, and apologise for the points you've raised. I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your visit so please don't hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Kind regards
Paul Morris
01756 792065

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Driving back home on the A59, we stopped for dinner on Sunday. The tables outside at the back were in the sunshine and reasonably sheltered from the main road noise. Good beer and a selection of gins and wines made for a good start. My wife had a plentiful tasty roast pork dinner. I ate a huge cheese and onion pie with trimmings that required a second plate. With no room for sweets, we paid a reasonable bill and left for home.

General M, General Manager at The Bull At Broughton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Peter, many thanks for taking the time to leave your lovely review and rating. I'm so pleased you were able to enjoy the dining area outside in the sun and enjoyed our selection of drinks and food. We look forward to welcoming you back soon when you're next on the A59! Kind regards, Paul Morris, General Manager, 01756 792065

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visted on a Sunday and had a dinner with different meat. Enough to fill you however definitely has room
For desert. Nice spot and service was good.

Hi Tim, many thanks for taking the time to post your great feedback and rating. I do hope you visit us again in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Morris, General Manager, 01756 792065

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was an amazing Christmas dinner! Really tasty food (as you'd expect!) but lovely welcome too, including for our 5-year-old daughter.

Couldn't fault the place, and we're doing it again!

General M, General Manager at The Bull At Broughton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Duncan, Thanks for your lovely review. We're delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas Dinner here last year and look forward to welcoming you back again this Christmas. Kind Regards, Paul Morris, General Manager, 01756792065

Reviewed 12 May 2018

I used to work as a chef here over 20 years ago and I have not been back since, so I was interested to know what the place was like and as it is close to where I live I thought I would try it out
The building itself has been extended but it has been done sympathetically and if you did not know it would be hard to notice, the bar had also been moved. We decided to sit inside as the patio was full, but even so it was not warm enough for me to sit outside, inside was quiet
We ordered a fish pie and a chicken skewer, the food arrived quickly and it was excellent, the flavours were good and the fish pie was freshly cooked, in fact it was so hot I had to let it cool
I like the fact they try to use local farmers and producers for their food and I liked the fresh modern menu.
I loved the visit and it was nice to relive some memories, although not all were good, but it did push me a new direction in my life which led to bigger and better things
A great country pub, would recommend this restaurant

1  Thank Joanne H
General M, Manager at The Bull At Broughton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Hi Joanne, Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the food and the experience you had here. It's always lovely when people who have worked or visited the pub in the past come back and are able to relive memories and see the changes that have been made here and I'm glad we are able to be part of that for you. Hope to see you again soon, hopefully it'll be less than 20 years before your next visit. Kind Regards, Paul Morris, General Manager, 01756792065