“Funny thing happened in the USA”

Oakley's Grill & Pizzeria
Ranked #14 of 149 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
West Yorkshire
“Funny thing happened in the USA”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

After visiting the USA I have always been disappointed on my return to the UK when I eat out I always find myself comparing; 'Well this ins't as good as what I had in the States'!!
Strange things occurred whilst I was in the USA this time I found myself comparing the food with Oakley's and thinking 'Well this isn't as good as Oakley's'

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank MickTGargrave

Skipton, United Kingdom
“I've been going here for two years and always the same brilliant the best in Skipton”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Go at least twice a month for a long time love steak and prawn combo it's the best food in Skipton love it and good value clean with nice staff why wouldn't we go here all the time even kids luv it keep it up well done

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jpm7777
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Always hit the spot”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Oakleys is great, testament to that is that they're always ridiculously busy! The burgers are excellent and great value, they're like burgers should be, as well as offering them pink! Perfect for a hangover too . . . Would happily take anyone there, the prices are reasonable and you always leave full. The early bird is a ridiculously good offer - went to it by accident once and was surprised to say the least! At full price it's still great value though. Cracking place, perfect for families and greedy people alike!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Simon H
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Busy, and full of young people. The food is simple, but very good. Meal prices around £10. With. Bottle of wine around the same. Good atmosphere and worthy of return visits.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Trolliedollie44
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“Enormous pizzas!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We popped in here on Tuesday for a quick pizza, not having been before. Although it was 6pm, it was really busy, always a good sign, and they managed to find us a table and we were given a friendly welcome. We weren't too hungry, so we just ordered one pizza each and my goodness, were glad we didn't order anything else - the pizzas are ginormous! We saw a calzone going by to another table and I nearly fell off my chair - never seen such a huge one before; enough for three hungry people. Our pizzas were excellent and we (just) managed to finish them minus the crust. My one criticism of this place is the portion sizes, which must create a lot of waste, although we did notice that they offered take-away boxes for uneaten food, which was good. I suppose once you're "in the know" you order appropriately, but it would still be better if the portion sizes were smaller, as it wouldn't encourage people to over eat. The Sicilian red wine that we ordered was very nice, and we enjoyed the meal, so will be going back. (I've only scored it average on atmosphere as there were quite a few children in, which spoilt it for us, but our fault for going to eat early!)

• Visited May 2014