“Birthday meal, excellent food and good value”

Oakley's Grill & Pizzeria
Ranked #9 of 149 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Yorkshire
“Birthday meal, excellent food and good value”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

First visit and didn't get off to a good start, booked a table for 8.15 we arrived about 8.20 to be told the table wasn't ready as there were still people on it. They said we could go up to the bar to wait, got some drinks but no where to sit in the bar and it was very hot, the waitress said there was seating just back from the bar- there were 2 chairs(6 of us!) and it was outside the toilets! Any way we looked and some menus and after about 10 minutes the table was ready. Having already looked at the menus we wanted to order and after a while I had to call someone over( they were very busy though). Fearing a wait we ordered but the service was excellent. Starters arrived promptly and the Cajun prawns are so good. Again very the mains came promptly and huge portions, my brothers had calzones and said they were the best they had ever had. I shared a pizza with mum and didn't need both of the side salads we had ordered. The couldn't finish the calzones so the waitress kindly boxed them up. One of the group was tempted by desert which looked good and again was huge. Not overpriced, very busy but and enjoyable evening in the end. Will visit again and would recommend this place.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank liz7_walker

Colne
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I think this place had been over sold to me. I was told it was amazing. The menu is huge. There is in my opinion too much to choose from. I think restaurants which offer less choice can concentrate more on getting the food perfect. My husbands burger was really quite greasy but the rest of the food was ok... Nothing special.... I may visit again and try something else but I wasn't overly impressed this time.

Visited April 2014
north yorkshire
“Lovely steak but bring back the proper chips”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a lovely steak at oakleys but felt dissapointed that the hand cut proper chips had been replaced by frozen chips. When they first opened it's what I loved about here proper homemade food.
The place was buzzing but my one bit of advice to the owner is you really need to invest in some fans especially on the top floor!,!
Eating in 28 degrees is no joke and ruined the night

• Visited July 2014
“Eyes were bigger than belly!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Went here for a meal with partner and in laws on a hot July evening, the service and food was very impressive. This restaurant needs a visit just to see the value for money and portion sizes you get. For the first time I struggled to finish my meal, not wanting to leave it as everything tasted so good. I would recommend one of the steak and ..... Combos on the menu. We will definitely be paying another visit soon

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mark S
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
“Fab!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We booked a table for 6pm so we could take advantage of the early bird special. I had the steak salad which was beautiful and my partner had the pizza. Great service and such good value for money. To say this place is always so busy the staff do a fab job.

• Visited July 2014