“dissappointed”

Ranked #2 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Skipton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Visited on a Saturday morning, extremely busy but no excuse for luke warm coffee. after reading previous reviews we were disappointed at the quality of food. Staff friendly but décor very drab.

4  Thank marie a
There are newer reviews for Bean Loved

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I've frequented this coffee house for some 4 years now and have always enjoyed its excellent coffee. I even went so far as to oppose the nationals (Costa and most recently Caffe Nero) opening in the town. But on visiting today (12 October) after it's recent refit I and my wife were both served seriously dud americanos. The coffee was weak and rather sour. I asked for an extra shot and was told rather sniffily that the large americano we had ordered had the same amount of coffee as the small one, just extra water! I was asked to pay 45p each for a second shot, which I did. The worst of it however was that the coffee was no more drinkable. We adjourned to Caffe Nero for our first visit since it opened a year or more ago; we were made to feel a lot more welcome and were served excellent coffees (2 shots in a standard, 3 in a large americano). It's a long time since I was served such unpleasant coffee that I preferred to leave it. Sadly Bean Loved seems to have abandoned its coffee mission or somehow lost the plot somewhere. The food's still nice enough but that's not meant to be its purpose and it no longer appears to be a serious coffee house.

4  Thank J C
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Working in Skipton I have tried all the coffee shops but always go to this. Staff are always warm welcoming and friendly, prices are reasonable and both drinks and food are very good quality

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Excellent coffee. Fantastic cakes and one of the best barbecue chicken melt sandwiches I've ever tasted. Lovely, friendly staff too. Great variety of home made cakes and a varied menu of hot and cold food. Ideal place to while away an hour, whether you are on your own or hanging out with friends

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Found this after asking a local market trader for the best one, its hidden down a side street just off the main street, average prices but top quality teas and coffee, didn't try the food but it looked good, nice and clean 5 star hygiene cert in the window.
It also has a small outside seating area around the back
Nice clean toilets too