“Horrible Haddock”

Eastwood's
Description: The third restaurant in the Bizzie Lizzies group in Skipton
Description: The third restaurant in the Bizzie Lizzies group in Skipton
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My Husband and I ordered haddock and chips with mushy peas and bread and butter. Service was friendly and fast ,when our meal arrived we both had a really tiny portion of chips, my husband counted his and there were twelve chips on his plate with a similar amount on mine. When we complained we were told it was a normal portion and that the waitress did not serve out the meals. Later the waitress returned with a bowl of chips and said sorry there had been a mix up and that we had normal portions and she thought that we wanted senior portions( there were no offers for pensioners or seniors on the menu or specials board we had checked)We said we did want normal portions and is that not what she meant? She apologised and left. The haddock was dried up and rubbery and the batter was burnt. The chips were soggy and leathery as if they had been sat keeping warm for ages. We were offered money off the bill or a free sweet but declined. Over all very poor fish and chips from a so called award winning restaurant (Bizzie Lizzies own and run it) , . I have fed back to them on customer feed back form . My advice is DONT go there, go to a chip shop and eat them in the park or go to a pub it would be better value.

There are newer reviews for Eastwood's

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I travelled to Skipton planning to savour the culinery delights, fish and chips, pork pies real ale never mind the arteries it was going to be a treat. Sadly Bizzie Lizzies was full and noisy so I went to the sister f & c cafe Eastwoods. The service was fairly good but the food was diabolical the fish was dry, chewy and tastless the chips very greasy with far too many small inedible small bits.Neither were hot. I told the waitress I was unhappy and considered the meal substandard compared to their sister Bizzie Lizzies the message she got from the chef was that they used the same ingredients except beef dripping chip fat so that was that. I paid the £7.95 with reluctance and filled in a greasy stained complaints card I picked up on the way out, completing and sending it to their main office when I got home, you have to attach your own stamp. Three weeks passed no word, they just dont care.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I live around the corner from eastwoods so ive been a few times and every time im disappointed.The chips are always soggy and not hot. The fish was barely battered and the batter that was there fell off beause it was so soggy and of poor quality

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I don't know what it is about their Fish Cakes - two slices of potato topping a fillet of fish... dabs and fish enclosed in Eastwood's own special recipie batter... I thought I had dies and gone to heaven... add that to gorgeous crips you have a heavenly concoction... and well worth a visit ... especially when you consider that they are much cheaper than their rivals (both local and national!)

Reviewed 6 August 2011

the best fish and chips i have had in many a year. fully skined and boned light crispy batter and good chips. the waitress was pleasant we were quickly served good value for money the quality was off the best.