“Genuine italian atmosphere - lose the dried pasta”
Review of Emporio Italia - CLOSED

Emporio Italia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Telephone number is 01756 793 357
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Called in this evening for a late supper with my hubbie.

Surroundings and staff created a genuine Italian atmosphere but my main meal proved disappointing as dried pasta was used.

I can buy fresh pasta in sainsburys so I really don't want be served dried pasta in an Italian restaurant!

My advice? Get back to basics, add a little Italian music and trade should pick up.

1  Thank Ros W

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a wonderful find. The restaurant is cleverly situated over a mill stream, with outdoor tables. The staff were very friendly and we had a lunch deal for £9.95, which included a glass of wine and coffee with our meal. This was very good value. I had a salami and mushroom pasta dish and my companion had a tuna pasta. Both were generously proportioned and delicious. We had planned to have a pub lunch or something simliar but this was a lovely surprise. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A lovely atmosphere and food was fantastic. Have had lunch and evening meals there. Only thing they could improve on is having the menu printed and in English as a chalk board in Italian is not user friendly. Would recommend.

1  Thank KittyCat_10005
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Having lived in the area for ages but never visited, we decided to try this restaurant after reading the positive reviews. It didn't disappoint! Lovely relaxing atmosphere and the food was beautiful. We will certainly be returning.

1  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A genuine little Italian restaurant at the end of the main street by the church. Rather quirkily, there are no typed menus, just a blackboard that the staff carry to each table, then they explain each dish. Our table was at the back, by an open window with a delightful view of the canal, perfect for enjoying pizzas and red wine! Good value and food is delicious.

1  Thank Maria O