“Very poor”

Le Bistro des Amis
Ranked #2 of 157 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Relax and informal bistro with great food
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Pre-booked a table here for Friday night , will not make the same mistake again.I appreciate they were busy, but service was slow,food was mediocre.We had lamb chump(posh name for roast lamb dinner?) and Sea Bream(this was a fillet and not a full fish as i thought,it did not say fillet on menu)there was more pancetta than fish and dish was overpowered by this and the balsamic.
Was left sweet menus but after waiting 15 mins to order got fed up and left after parting with £50
for the priveledge.Was looking forward to our visit but this was disappoiting and overated.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We've been regulars this excellent restaurant which is difficult to beat on quality or value. So when we wanted to organise a special birthday to celebrate with a large party of our friends we turned to Luc, the unflappable owner and chef, to see if we could have the place to ourselves for a whole afternoon. No problem! Nor was anything to much trouble as he and his team turned out the perfect hot Sunday Lunch buffet (the locally sourced meat was brilliant!) with a glass of fizz and tasty canapés to start and wonderful desserts to finish, including his mother's recipe for a delicious pear tart! Our guests were bowled over by the whole experience, the fantastic food, super helpful and efficient service, and the welcoming atmosphere which made a special day very special indeed -- and the restaurant more than lived up to its name.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Called in today(07/11/13) for a celebration lunch. Plus we were hungry!!!. We first called here 17mths ago in June to celebrate our first year of going out. We got married this week and so called back here to celebrate again. Both times were a perfect choice. Yesterday we had Crispy Belly Pork with Black Pudding and Apple bon bons curly kale and champ with a cider jus. It was perfect. From the welcome to paying your bill everything is just perfect. Very friendly and attentive without being overly so. Balance just right. Don't just read this go and give it a go!!!!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We called in for lunch having spotted the restaurant on leaving the car park. I had steak and chips with Roquefort sauce from the specials menu followed by pear tart and ice cream. My daughters both had sandwiches, cheese tomato and basil panini and pork and apple sauce baguette both followed by creme brûlée. We all enjoyed the food, the ambiance was good, it was busy midweek at lunchtime and the service was excellent. Can highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We visited for Sunday lunch with friends (who recommended the restaurant to us). When we arrived, I asked our waitress if anything on the menu could be served in a smaller portion for my daughter? She replied brusquely that no there was nothing, and that the children's menu "only had things like chicken nuggets on it". I asked to see it none the less and we ordered from it. We then sat and waited and waited... Some people in our small group did have starters eventually, and then finally, an hour and twenty five minutes after our arrival, the main courses arrived, with my daughter's pasta served last out of the group, and a further 5 minute wait for the vegetables. My roast beef was tasty but cold - I decided not to send it back to the kitchen for re-heating because our friends were already embarassed by the poor service, and by that stage I was ravenous. In essence, service was extremely slow, and I am in no rush to return - with or without children.