“Excellent quality at a very reasonable price.”

The Dales Cottage Cafe
Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Congratulations to the lady chef at this unpretentious café hidden off the high street in Skipton.
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed freshly cooked vegetables, roast potatoes, beautiful liver and onions and an excellent lasagne and at £14 for the two of us including tea and pleasant efficient staff we were delighted and will be calling again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is one gem that nearly got away hidden in the car park behind rackhams this is the sort of food that you thought was long gone a menu to die for from the stand by of yesteryear when veg came in toureens gravy in a sauce boat served piping hot sweets that you thought was long gone every thing cooked fresh staff excellent nothing was to much trouble even for fussy eaters that wanted small menu the value was excellent you could sit down stairs but if you were fitter go up stairs it's best to book at weekends as it gets busy

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We love visiting Skipton and when we do we always go to The Dales Cottage Cafe.

On this visit we were one of the first to arrive for dinner and we had the upstairs area to ourselves for a short time.

Our impression of the establishment was "a little tired and dated". May be they should invest in a new carpet and some new table covers. These things weren't as apparent when the cafe / restaurant is busy.

However, as always the food was fantastic. Lots of it and hot and very tasty.

I want to go back there now !

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Great food in a pleasant environment. Service was excellent,waitress very helpful. Always busy which is an indication of the great value you get at The Dales Cottage.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have been going to the Dales Cottage Cafe since I was in my teens and way before I left to live in Toronto, so, it pleases me to say it is as good now as it has always been. The food is not fussy but wholesome and tasty, the vegetables are always perfect and the menu is geared to traditional home style cooking. When we are in the area on vacation the Dales Cottage is a definite destination for us.

2  Thank Blindbodger