“Delicious and huge portions”

Billy-Bob's Parlour
Ranked #25 of 162 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Strangest place in the middle of the beautiful countryside. We had milkshake, coffee and ice cream. Delicious!

1  Thank TheWilliamsbunch
Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were "welcomed" to Billy Bob's by an apparently brain-dead youth who was selling the £1 wristbands which entitle children to access all of the play areas. Rarely have I seen such a miserable and grudging creature, who disappeared without explanation when he had run out of wristbands and left us standing gob-smacked. If I was his employer I should sack him on the spot. Apart from that, the place is excellent. There is a free play area and two other areas which are accessible on payment of the aforesaid £1 - yes, what super value! One of these areas is for up to 7 years old, the other for 7+. Unfortunately, these age rules are not really enforced and such notices as are displayed are presumably there mainly for insurance purposes. On site there is an American-style diner/ice-cream parlour, which really looked the part and you can also eat in a converted US school bus. We had already dined, so did not take advantage of these facilities but enjoyed ice creams and hot drinks at stalls providing these. Since the main source of income for Billy Bob's is the food sold on site, I am not surprised that they are strict about not consuming your own food on the premises, but I should react rather badly, I'm afraid, if reprimanded about this by the curmudgeon on the gate. As for the payable play areas, our granddaughter had a super time swinging about on the ropes in the 7+ zone and she also enjoyed the free area. We shall definitely return.

1  Thank Wrinklies62
YDIC, Manager at Billy-Bob's Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hello Wrinklies62! Thanks ever so much for taking the time to write a review about your visit to Billy-Bob's. It's great to hear your grand-daughter enjoyed the play and you enjoyed your drinks and ice creams. However, we're really sorry that you were disappointed by the service you received from one of our staff. A warm welcome and excellent service is something we pride ourselves on, so if you can spare a few minutes we'd really appreciate you getting in touch with our Parlour Manager on ben@billybobsparlour.com to talk to us a bit more about your visit. We hope to hear from you soon, and look forward to welcoming you all back to Billy-Bob's!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Whilst on holidays with my friend and her children we decided to pop into the ice cream parlour. Promising the children we would have an ice cream after a few nibbles in the car. Whilst eating we had a tap on the window from a young man who rudely said ' you cannot consume food on our premises, there are a dozen signs telling you that on the way in! Leave immediately!! '

Firstly, we had every intention of spending money in the parlour.
Secondly I was too busy trying to find a parking space and avoid pedestrians to read a lengthy sign ... Which when looked for I could only see one I would have passed on entry.. Not a dozen!
Thirdly, and most importantly, I am so upset that a) we were spoken to like this and b) that our children heard his tone and attitude towards us.
If he had kindly asked us not to consume food. I would not question it and would apologise and gone in and bought lunch. We were simply naive to the rules.
I am still quite upset by this experience and feel like my children missed out on what could have been a lovely day out. We did make up for it at Hesketh Farm! Where the staff were lovely.

24  Thank KARreid
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our ages ranged from 3 to 70 and there was food and ice cream sundaes to suit everyone. Enjoyed it very much and will be back.

1  Thank craventourist
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Would recommend for whole family day out. Great food & good service. Staff very helpful and kids totally loved the play barn. Well done on a fab unique venue!

2  Thank Katrina194