“Going downhill?!”

Ranked #26 of 150 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is founded in 2011. It is new to this town but Thai restaurants are not new to our experiences. We are a group of people who are passionate about food and have an overwhelming desire to create our own family restaurant where we can cook a good quality of food in a good atmosphere. We started our dream by renting a restaurant in Shipley, and then stepped forward to found our own restaurant in Skipton, the small historic market town in North Yorkshire with beautiful scenery, this makes it a perfect place for us.---Our Promises--- We promise to prepare and cook every dish with pride, using the finest ingredients and vegetables sourced locally, to create not only delicious but also healthy food for our customers.The tasty food is cooked by a chef of vast experience who worked for many years in a 5-star hotel in Thailand and in Thai restaurants in the UK. Not only do we aim to make tasty food we also strive to provide a friendly and excellent service in a smart and intimate dinning atmosphere.Our high standards of cleanliness are proven by achieving a5-star rating in Food Hygiene. We also have an excellent reputation given by our customers on Trip Advisor which ranks us amongst the top restaurants in Skipton. You can trust us to ensure that you will spend a wonderful time here, and you will want to come back again and again.
Skipton
“Going downhill?!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

As a local an regular visitor to this restaurant I wanted to write a review in the hope to restaurant itself might take note. When this place opened be food was excellent. Good quality ingredients and great flavours. Service has always been and still remains to be brilliant. However over my last three visits the food has gone downhill massively. Noticeably cheaper meat/chicken being used and previously loved dishes now tasteless in comparison. I wonder if there has been a change in new supplier and a new chef, however it's something that needs action. This restaurant would have previously been my first choice in Skipton and one I would recommend to friends. However unless I hear things improve I will not be going back or recommending this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
SkiptonHarris, Manager at Thai Basil, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
I am sorry to hear of your displeasure. We still have the same chef we have had from the start (the owner). We also haven't changed meat suppliers but we are looking into the possibility that they have altered what they are giving us. Personally I haven't noticed a change in the meat quality from eating here each week but I can assure you we have taken both your reviews into account and seriously looking at the meat that is used in the dishes. I do hope that your recent experience won't detour you from coming again.

“Awful meat quality”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Have been to this place many times over the past year. Each time I go back I'm being served worse & worse quality of meat. The chicken is clearly very cheap but the cheapness is not reflected in the high price. I won't be going back until the quality of ingredients changes. I really hope they read this, because its the only thing wrong with the place.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice friendly restaurant, little disappointed with the food”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I arrived alone fairly late & chose this place because of good reviews & I love Thai food. The dining room was very nice & the staff friendly, as always with the Thai people. However I'm so sorry, I was a little disappointed with the pad thai, a favourite dish of mine but I found it greasy & lacking flavour. Sorry guys.

• Visited June 2013
Colne, United Kingdom
“Beautiful meal”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Food, drinks, service and place all excellent on our first visit would definitely recommend and will return soon.

• Visited August 2013
uk
“Great is was fab”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The staff were helpful, the food was lovely would recommend

Lots of choice

The wine was lovely - we had a large group and it was spot on

The cost was cheap