“What has happened to this lovely restaurant?”
Review of Thai Basil Skipton

Thai Basil Skipton
Ranked #27 of 156 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is founded in 2011. It is new to this town but Thai restaurants are not new to our experiences. We are a group of people who are passionate about food and have an overwhelming desire to create our own family restaurant where we can cook a good quality of food in a good atmosphere. We started our dream by renting a restaurant in Shipley, and then stepped forward to found our own restaurant in Skipton, the small historic market town in North Yorkshire with beautiful scenery, this makes it a perfect place for us.---Our Promises--- We promise to prepare and cook every dish with pride, using the finest ingredients and vegetables sourced locally, to create not only delicious but also healthy food for our customers.The tasty food is cooked by a chef of vast experience who worked for many years in a 5-star hotel in Thailand and in Thai restaurants in the UK. Not only do we aim to make tasty food we also strive to provide a friendly and excellent service in a smart and intimate dinning atmosphere.Our high standards of cleanliness are proven by achieving a5-star rating in Food Hygiene. We also have an excellent reputation given by our customers on Trip Advisor which ranks us amongst the top restaurants in Skipton. You can trust us to ensure that you will spend a wonderful time here, and you will want to come back again and again.
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Food has gone massively
Downhill and they are using cheap meat. Such a shame. Maybe they have changed chefs. We used to eat here all the time but unless thu take note we won't be visiting again. Big disappointment to what was an excellent restaurant

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Again we found this place by reviews on TripAdvisor, and we were not disappointed. Had a platter to start which was a sample of all they had to offer for a starter, and the infamous pad Thai for our main - both of which were amazing. The layout & ambiance are really nice, and quite possibly the friendliest staff you will ever meet. Will definitely be going back here, and would highly recommend if you like nice food with the staff to match.

2  Thank David S
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The menu is varied and the food is beautifully presented. The service is so poliet and very efficient. Every Thai restaurant I have been in has the most mannerly staff I have ever come accross. The food was great, a little sweet for me but the spice balanced it well. I would recommend this restaurant to others.

1  Thank LisaC23
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A very good menu and friendly and efficient service. Situated a little way off the town centre, but there is a very convenient car park a few yards away. If you appreciate good Thai cuisine this place is a must. There is an excellent choice of dishes for vegetarians.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed in Skipton for three days in June with friends and without doubt the best meal that I had whilst I was there was at Thai Basil.

The restaurant is fairly small so booking in advance is recommended.

I'm a vegetarian and was spoiled for choice with the menu. My meal was delicious, the portion sizes were just right. My four friends who are not vegetarian all enjoyed their meals and though the food was lovely and far better than was the food that we had sampled in a more expensive pub/restaurant the previous night.

The restaurant is decorated and furnished in keeping with a Thai restaurant with low level Thai music playing in the background. Staff were a combination of Thai and Yorkshire folk and were friendly and welcoming.

I had a pleasant evening and wouldn't hesitate in recommending this restaurant.