“Great Thai food !”

Ranked #17 of 161 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is founded in 2011. It is new to this town but Thai restaurants are not new to our experiences. We are a group of people who are passionate about food and have an overwhelming desire to create our own family restaurant where we can cook a good quality of food in a good atmosphere. We started our dream by renting a restaurant in Shipley, and then stepped forward to found our own restaurant in Skipton, the small historic market town in North Yorkshire with beautiful scenery, this makes it a perfect place for us.---Our Promises--- We promise to prepare and cook every dish with pride, using the finest ingredients and vegetables sourced locally, to create not only delicious but also healthy food for our customers.The tasty food is cooked by a chef of vast experience who worked for many years in a 5-star hotel in Thailand and in Thai restaurants in the UK. Not only do we aim to make tasty food we also strive to provide a friendly and excellent service in a smart and intimate dinning atmosphere.Our high standards of cleanliness are proven by achieving a5-star rating in Food Hygiene. We also have an excellent reputation given by our customers on Trip Advisor which ranks us amongst the top restaurants in Skipton. You can trust us to ensure that you will spend a wonderful time here, and you will want to come back again and again.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Have spent time in Thailand and have tried, all over England to find authentic Thai food. This is it! amazing and very, very delicious. Have been several times and every dish has been amazing. Well done Thai Basil ***** can't wait to come back again. If I lived in Skipton I would be using your take away service every night.

1  Thank dianecockshott

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Amazing food had beef pan eng and duck curry, the service was not great but the food made up for this, poor wine selection too the Pinot Grigio wasn't very good. Location perfect for us. However watch with the charging they couldn't work the visa machine and we were charged 3 times

1  Thank vic g
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent food. There were three of us. We had two starters - ribs and mince pork on bread. Both tasty.

Main course I have beef something - delicious. My bearded friend has chicken something - lush. My bushy-headed friend had tofu pad thai, which he declared to be superb.

But... I paid cash and the waitress short-changed me at the end. Thankfully I spotted this, but it's disappointing.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We are here last night and had a great experience. This is some of the best Thai food we have ever eaten, really tasty and freshly prepared. We had two tofu dishes which had exactly the right balance of tofu and vegetables, something most restaurants do not get right. The dishes were really tasty, service was great, we were both extremely impressed. I would definitely eat here again, highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really delicious food, starters were piping hot and tasty, the mains were hot fresh and spicy. No point banging on about specific dishes, never had anything other than excellent here - and I'm pretty picky. I particularly loved the dumplings!