“Without doubt one of the best, A+”
Review of Spice Grill

Spice Grill
Ranked #50 of 157 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: http://www.yell.com/s/indian+restaurants-skipton.html number 3 on this list. It used to be the Agraah, but this has moved and The Spice Grill is now in it's place and very good tooo!
Reviewed 25 December 2011

WOW!

It's not often I am moved to rush online and write a review PDQ, but this place certainly filled me with that enthusiasm!

I was staying on business in Skipton again just before Christmas this year, missing my family and not really in the mood for a night out (the previous night out was dreadful, but more on that in another review)...

The Spice Grill in Skipton is, without a doubt, one of the very best curry restaurants I have visited. If you factor in value for money, I would rank this above The Cinnamon Club!

Whilst it's not in competition with such an illustrious venue as TCC, where the Spice Grill wins hands down is in it's friendliness, honesty and clean fresh flavours. I went there with 2 work colleagues, we ordered three very different dishes, and every one was cooked to perfection and quite unique within themselves. This is to be commended in a country where so many "curry houses" merely slop sauces from 1 or 2 tubs and flavour to taste. This was fresh cooking, made to order.

I'd heartily recommend the Chicken Momo - a pancake style wrap with spicy chicken and potato filling as a starter. Very tasty. All our mains were without fault - fresh tasty meat, very different spices and flavours and wonderful breads.

You take your own booze (if you so desire), but when you also add in the factor that you get a full meal start-to-finish for £7:95 pp Mon-Thur, well... I had to leave £10 tip as when I'm in London I pay twice the amount for half the flavour!

It's not just other curry places in Skipton that need to watch out for The Spice Grill, but every restaurant in town. This is a place where the staff seem happy to serve you, the food is exemplary, the value staggering and surroundings very pleasant indeed.

I would heartily recommend this place to eat above all others in this town. Wonderful, seriously wonderful. Reviewed with thanks! :-)

2  Thank DavidWellness

Reviewed 3 December 2011

What a great little restaurant! I've eaten there twice now, once on a Wednesday with a group of 6 friends, and once early evening on a Thursday with 3 others from my family. On both occasions it was really busy, and it's really no surprise why!

The weekday special is now £7.95, and still amazing value for money. A big plate of poppadoms with 3 dips and onion salad to begin, followed by your choice of starter from the menu, then your pick of main, side and then coffee to finish if you can fit it in!

The choice for each course is huge, and everything I and those I've dined with have had has always been really tasty. Be warned, the portions are big, and some of the starters are HUGE! So, make sure you're really hungry before visiting!

The restaurant doesn't serve alcohol, but you can bring your own, and it makes a lovely change to paying for overpriced drinks on the bill.

The staff are great, really polite, attentive and knowledgeable about the food. Even though the food is such good value and the place is really busy, you never feel rushed, and are always asked if you'd like your mains or if you'd like to wait a while.

Even the actual menu prices are very reasonable, so even if you went on a day when the offer wasn't on, I'm sure you'd still be impressed with the bill.

It's a place that is really starting to get a name for itself in Skipton as great place to eat, and that is absolutely no surprise.

2  Thank Lopburiisme
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We happened upon this restaurant while looking around Skipton for somewhere to eat. Its location is off a little side road in the town (where we turned the car) and lo and behold, there it was. The Spice Grill. I looked inside and thought it looked nicely furnished, well lit and quite busy (for a Tuesday evening). They were doing a special offer too (Mon- Thurs) which was 5 courses for £6.95. Sounded too good to be true, but I wanted to try it. It is a new restaurant and had only been open a few months, but they will do well based on what I saw.
We had a wonderful meal and the portions were very generous. You can bring your own drink too, which is a good idea and so much more appealing that the more common hiked-up restaurant prices on alcohol.
The staff were extremely friendly and polite and went out of their way for us. We talked about how good the place is for ages afterwards and even told our hotel to recommend it to other visitors.
If we are ever up in Skipton again, we will be there without question.

4  Thank chakra_central