“30 years ago I took my son. Now visiting with my Grandson.”
Review of Kilnsey Park

Kilnsey Park
Ranked #7 of 42 things to do in Skipton
More attraction details
Owner description: Kilnsey Park is a family visitor attraction in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Spend a day with us exploring and having fun – you can catch a fish, watch our red squirrels play and then enjoy a meal in our cosy cafe/restaurant! Kilnsey Park offers activities for all the family including fun fishing, friendly farm animals, an adventure playground and a nature trail with butterfly garden and rare orchids. We also offer high quality angling in two spring fed lakes for those wanting to catch a fish in this stunning location. Seasonal events and treasure trails mean that there’s always something going on.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I took my Grandson on a visit last week and we had a really good few hours exploring the park and fishery. The park is beautifully situated against huge limestone outcrops and has been extensively developed over the years. Ample car parking and very reasonable entrance fee (£3/child and the same for OAPs like me!). Everyone is issued with a bag of fish pellets (free) so that feeding the rainbow trout in their various stages of development is a great experience. You can get up close to the three alpacas in their meadow as well as inpecting goats, poultry and even bees in their own habitats. The highlight of the visit should have been the red squirrels, but they must all have been in their boxes looking after their new kittens. Great to experience the wild flower walk and the butterfly garden and then on to the source of the spring that supplies all the water for the park.
The children can even have a go at trout fishing, but this is bit pricey at £6 plus the cost of any fish caught (the fish cannot be returned to the water). So if you have a few children then it could end upas an expensive day out. There is an adventure playground which is free together with picnic areas. The cafe and shop are pretty reasonable, particularly the fresh produce on sale.
All in all, a very pleasant place to visit.

KilnseyInfo, Manager at Kilnsey Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thanks for your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed meeting the animals and fishing with us.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in and highly recommend the fisherman's platter! My partner had the fish cakes which were also scrumptious. These will a glass of Chardonnay went down a treat in the warm, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. I also made a purchase from the farm shop where I bought 2 fresh trout. Being a fish and seafood lover I can honestly say I have never eaten trout that tastes so good. The taste was so pure it was obvious the fish live in the natural spring water. Every mouthful was oozing with flavour and goodness. I have since been back for more and also tried the smoked fillets and the smoked whole trout which are equally as good. We had the smoked trout with scrambled egg for breakfast which really set us up for the day. Delicious and very healthy! This place is now a regular haunt for us. We will be dining there again this weekend with family.

1  Thank Lucy B
KilnseyInfo, Manager at Kilnsey Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thanks for your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed the meal you had in our cafe and the fish you purchased in the shop.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

As a change from the difficult trout of the wharfe I decided to visit the trout fishery at Kilnsey and fish its 2 lakes. the manager could not have been more helpful and lent me forceps and a landing net.
With the beautiful moorland backdrop and a view of the famous crag you can forget you are alongside a fairly busy road. Lots of trout were visible and I thought it would be easy - it wasn't. I could not catch on my usual buzzer tactics and will have to go back for round 2 but a small white dry caught me my 2 fish limit in very pleasurable style. Very nice fish about 3lb each which the fishery cleaned nicely for me.
Will definitely go back

1  Thank swpratt
KilnseyInfo, Manager at Kilnsey Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thanks for giving us your response. We're glad you had an enjoyable day's fishing at Kilnsey Park. We're very lucky to be based in such an incredible location. We are very particular about the fish that we stock into the lakes - they must be in great condition and real fighters. We're always working hard to improve the fishery and listen to the comments of our guests - in just the last 12 months we have put in new platforms and seats at the request of our anglers.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Visited with young children. We walked on the trail and fed the fish. This place is in a very lovely setting and is a great way to spend a few hours. Your stay could easily extend further if you did the fun fishing or used the cafe, but as we did neither of these I can't really comment.
We will be going back in the summer.

2  Thank HelenMR30
KilnseyInfo, Manager at Kilnsey Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thanks for your comment. We're really glad that you enjoyed the Trail and feeding the fish. We have lots of events happening over the summer - see the website for details - and we look forward to welcoming you back. This year we've also launched a season ticket which means you can visit as many times as you like for the cost of just two entries.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My girls 4& 5 years loved the fun fishing. Catching and bringing home their own fish. They also enjoyed seeing you new baby chicks and honey bees in action.

1  Thank TrampsTravel
KilnseyInfo, Manager at Kilnsey Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thanks for your review, we're glad you enjoyed the fun fishing. We have more Easter chicks hatching out today and the new angora goats and kune kune piglets are enjoying the sunshine!