“Excellent food at a great price”
Review of Cafe 76 - CLOSED

Cafe 76
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Cafe 76 we aim to offer good home-cooked food using fresh quality, locally sourced ingredients. Try our Full English Breakfast served throughout the day or a fresh baked hot jacket potato with a choice of fillings. Where possible we can offer what you want. How about a Beef burger? Hand pressed on the premises using only the finest minced steak, seasoning.... And nothing else!! We do not serve chips but if you require the thought we can bake fresh a chunky paprika potato wedge, rustic hot and seasoned and spiced to perfection. Fresh, made on premises sandwiches are made on a choice of bread with again hot and cold varied choice of fillings, accompanied with a side salad, and homemade coleslaw. Maybe a stone baked Ciabatta with choice of fillings hot or cold, spicy or plain as you like, we ask individual requirements so your food is cooked to your taste and liking. How about a healthy bowl of pasta or a Tuna / chicken Salad made to order with roasted vegetables that are cold but taste superb? The choice at Cafe 76 is endless. Simply relax and unwind with a freshly made latte or cappuccino or tea, scone jam and cream or a slice of cake, made fresh on the premises. We even offer afternoon teas again for you to enjoy at your leisure Whatever your choice, husband & wife team, Mark & Hayley , look forward to making your visit an enjoyable one. "Great UNION Coffee - Delicious Food - Nice Surroundings"
Rossendale, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food at a great price”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

First thing on a Saturday in skipton surprisingly not many places are open. I spotted this on the main high street and menu appealed. I opted for the salmon and scrambled eggs on a muffin and a pit of tea. Price was just over £5 and excellent value.
The food was very good and too much for
Me to finish. Tea was served with extra hot water so managed 4 cups-always a nice touch.
I was the only person in so the service was first class but naturally makes the atmosphere difficult to comment on.
It did say outside free wifi but nothing inside to give the code and with only one person around and mainly downstairs (cafe upstairs) couldn't access. Would be nice to have in specials board.
Overall very good indeed and next time in skipton i will pop in fancy the beef and onion sandwhich next

1 Thank Lisajlb1970

bury
“Couldn't fault it!”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

A wet Monday afternoon, but we couldn't get a seat for 10 minutes! Should we walk around for a while or go somewhere else? We decided that if a cafe was full on a wet Monday afternoon then it must be ok, so we walked around a bit and went back. So glad that we did! The whole experience was faultless. The building is so full of character, a tiny 3 storey building squeezed into an old alleyway. The seating is upstairs, so maybe not so good if you have mobility problems, but it really is worth the effort. I had a special Indian spiced chicken kebab with rice & my Husband had the special burger with bacon and cheese with fries. The whole thing was delicious, everything was cooked perfectly and the salad was lovely and fresh. We then had coffees and cakes, I had the lemon drizzle (gorgeous) and my husband had the scones (2 scones arrived with butter & jam! We took 1 home with us ) The place is spotlessly clean, the service attentive & friendly, all the food freshly made and the prices very reasonable (£17 for everything we had). Skipton is a lovely market town, a great place to while away a few hours browsing and shopping, and Cafe 76 is not only ideally located right opposite the market, but the ideal place for your lunch. We will definitely be back!

1 Thank kc100
skipton
“SMALL CAFE BUT BIG RECOMMENDATION”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Because we have seen Cafe 76 recommended on Trip Advisor and walked past it on numerous occasions we decided to try it for our lunch today. Living locally it is good to know we can combine lunch with shopping. Cafe 76 is small with small prices but the welcome is big! Extensive breakfast and light lunch menu superbly cooked and generous portions. We chose home made chicken soup with warm granary bread roll for starters. For my main course I had salmon fish cakes with parsley sauce and mushy peas but I could have had salad with tartare sauce on my fish cakes. My husband chose a homemade steak burger with blue stilton cheese and black pepper sauce in a bread bun with chips. We both enjoyed our very tasty choice. We had a pot of good strong flavoursome hot tea each. The service was efficient and friendly I don't know if Cafe 76 offers a late night and reservations. There is a good view of the High Street and the colourful outdoor market stalls 4 times a week. We will return.

Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
“Superb!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I am the fussiest eater on this planet but all my requests were complied with, with no fuss whatsoever. My wife & son thought the bacon butty was the best they've had for a long long time and the Louisiana burger I tried was fabulous. The price is very much in line with other bistro cafes but I would say that the food is so good and the service of such good quality that it is very good value for money.

West Yorkshire
“Cracking Breakfast+++++++”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Called in today on our way back home. We both had the breakfast and it was lovely. You'd think that a breakfast would be easy to cook and hard to spoil but not true, some we've had have been awful but this was the BEST. Next time we call at Skipton we will definitely make our way here for breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea - the cakes looked amazing too!!