“Room with a View!”
Review of Bondcroft Farm

Bondcroft Farm
Ranked #16 of 33 Skipton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My friend and I had such a lovely stay. We were treated like royalty, such a lovely friendly couple. Our stay was particularly special because of the dogs. Our room was so nice, and the view, OMG the view!! The room had everything you could possibly need, and more! We can't praise this B&B enough, and will certainly be visiting again. The nearby town of Skipton is well worth a visit, and have some nice little quaint shops in the narrow cobbled alleyways. Very highly recommended! P. Tiff, Kent.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank phyllis t

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay, the hosts, Elaine and her husband are very friendly as are the dogs too! Location is perfect, we wanted a real farm stay and that's exactly what we got, we also got to hold the lambs too which was an unexpected treat... The room could do with a little brightening up but it was still clean, warm and cosy. Breakfast was very nice and plenty of it too.
If you want to stay on a working farm then this is the place, 5* country retreat it isn't...

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I picked this B&B because of my love of sheepdogs -although did not see any when we arrived. When asked if i could see them I was advised i could see them next morning at 9.30am after breakfast. Not quite what I had expected -there were 4/5 dogs in their cages barking madly at me. One was let out but not what i expected (thank you though for arranging for me to see them -but with your USP being the dogs I just didnt expect this). Family dogs were friendly though!

B&B itself was homely and cosy. If you want peace -come here. Gorgeous scenery -especially out the bedroom window.
Electric blanket was much needed as it was freezing -so cold. No heating at all in the bathroom -quickest shower ever.

Breakfast was lovely. Choice of cereal and fruits and yogurts -then lovely cooked breakfast of 2 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 egg, 1 black pudding and half tomato -and gorgeous thick toast and homemade jams. Very tasty.

All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MandyNorris
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Lovely little B & B. Amazing hospitality! Travelling in a group of 4 adults, there was plenty of room for all of us. A couple of miles and you were in the heart of Skipton. Couldn't do enough for us and would love to return there one day!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2013

if you are looking for peace and quiet and like the rural this is the place. the farm is on a hill and has beautiful surrounding countryside. the views from the bedroom are great. the family are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble,tConversation is easy and their family dogs are so loveable, couldnt decide which one of the 3 i liked best at first but think rollie won me over, with alfie a close 2nd.You just ask if you need anything and they are very helpful. The bedrooms are large, clean and comfy with eletric blankets on the beds, a welcome on a cold night.Good stocked hospitality tray which is replenished daily with tea/coffe hot choc and kit-kats for a treat. the breakfasts are of good choice from cereals, fruits and yoghurts plus a good sized cooked english. the bread is lovely and so are all the preserves. it is quite a walk to the village and good local pubs but you can always take the car down the hill and walk the rest. thank you elaine and family for a lovely stay. Rita & Graham / Lincolnshire

Room Tip: we stayed in the twin which had ebsuite shower/toilet
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We had a wonderful quiet stay at Bondcroft. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful and their marmalade has won many awards (I wish I liked marmalade more). We met one couple there who had been coming to Bondcroft for years so that must tell you something. We lucked out with a bedroom that had an ensuite bathroom. There was also tea, kitkat bars, a tv, free wifi (!) and an electric blanket which was quite a treat for us. There was a wonderful view looking down the hill and in the distance you could see the steam train puffing along. We unfortunately didn't get to use the lounge or see the sheepdogs (which my boyfriend was disappointed in) we did get to see lots of sheep and lambs. We had parked the car at the B&B and went into town to the pub. It's a mostly up hill walk but not far, the problem hits once you get to the driveway. It's very very steep and just when you think you can do this, you get past the stone wall and it seems even harder. We told Christine about it in the morning and she laughed about it, she's well aware how hard it is to climb and told us how she would often in the past leave her car at the bottom of the driveway so she could drive up when she got home.

The farm also has a map at the bottom of the hill for walks that are around the area/property.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stealingsouls
Reviewed 11 June 2012

If you're looking specifically for a place to hang out with sheepdogs and interact with them, maybe this isn't your best bet. However, if all you want is a clean, pretty room with excellent views, then this definitely works.

The only reason I picked this place was the sheepdogs. They were all over the website and I thought the place would be overrun with them. When I got there, I only saw the 2 house small house dogs. The sheepdogs were nowhere in sight. When I enquired, I was told that we could see them in action only at half four-ish everyday when they rounded up the sheep. Somehow for me, when something is called the USP of a place, I rather expect more than just a 10-minute look at the dogs. The rest of the times the dogs were in the barn in their kennels. And the onus seemed to be on me to keep following-up and checking what time Mr. Clarkson would go out for the dogs. So in that sense I was very disappointed that the place over-commits and definitely under-delivers. There was a delightful dog Alfie who belonged to Mrs. Clarkson's (who runs the place) son and was visiting then. He was the highlight of my stay there.

The farm house and our bedroom were very nice and tastefully decorated. Everything was very clean and the bathroom was spacious and bright. The hospitality tray and the tea and coffee options were a real delight, especially when we got back after hours of walking in the rain. Breakfast was really nicely done and was filling. If you're going to walk up and down Embsay Crag and onto Barden moor, you're going to need it.

If you don't have a car and are taking the train to Skipton be informed that the farm is a 2.5 mile taxi ride away (£8) and the eating options around the place - The Elm Tree and The Cavendish Arms, are both a good 15-20 minute walk from the farm.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple