“Little touches appreciated” 4 of 5 bubbles

Skipton Pie and Mash Shop
Ranked #11 of 147 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Skipton Pie and Mash Restaurant is one of the only places to sit and eat traditional pie and mash in the North. Why not come down to the cafe today and see what all the hype is about. We pride ourself on top quality food, freshly prepared from local produce. We invite you to come and enjoy one of today's specials, at the best cafe in Skipton, North Yorkshire. All our pies are homemade using local, fresh produce. We're sure you'll agree our pies are full of meat and other delicious produce. Eat in or takeaway.
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Little touches appreciated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My partner & I visited here with my daughter who was only 18mths old. The pie & mash was fantastic & liqueur was excellent - a must have! As my daughter was so small the management kindly made her some mince & onions & didn't even charge us for her food. Decor was very authentic & the staff were just ace, accomodating & kind & before we left gave my daughter a little toy cat, which she still has & called it mash.

Since this visit I heard the shop cater at Christmas for people with no loved ones & they do a dinner free of charge. How nice is that? A lovely place, worthy of full support.

2 Thank PirateBaby

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Pies of distinction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our second visit to the Pie and Mash shop, on both occasions the pies have been outstanding , quality fillings and a great pastry, My partner had a corn beef pie and they even make there own corn beef on site. I had steak and kidney and my pie was crammed with superb quality steak and kidney the gravy was also really nice...i found the mash a little powdery but im very faddy with mash. What ive found on both visits to this place and to me it means almost more than the quality of the food is the service. These people just have the knack to make you feel like you have known them all your life and no matter how busy always have time to chat and make you feel welcome. If they could bottle the service in here they would soon be millionaires, i wish i could get my staff to be half as good. Thanks for a great meal we will be back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank neil s
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I visited here last month and it was really lovely! The mash was so creamy and fluffy! Mmmm. I would recommend this to everyone!!

2 Thank Blinkeye
Keighley, England, United Kingdom
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Thought we would see what all the fuss about and we werent disapointed, the pies were fab and massive real chips lovely

2 Thank Jackie L
“Quite brilliant....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Wow. Seriously better than expected. We stopped off in Skipton after watching a gig in Leeds, and had a 2 hour stop off for a nosey round the shops and for something to eat. After checking tripadvisor we thought this place would be a good bet, and we were not disappointed. We ordered Steak and Ale pie, mash and gravy with mushy peas, awesome pie, on first cut into the pie the lovely aroma of ale tantalized the tastebuds and the meat was quality. The Chicken, Ham and Leek pie with green liquor and mash and peas was if anything more impressive, again cooked to perfection! With drinks the bill came to around £16, two very satisfied customers!

1 Thank Chegie