“Not the place for a quiet beer and some grub”
Review of Bay Horse Inn

Bay Horse Inn
Ranked #43 of 149 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Bay Horse offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
london
“Not the place for a quiet beer and some grub”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The beer was good the food was good the pub large and soulless. If you have children to amuse and you think a pub/restaurant is the right place to do this then it's for you. A man spent 20mins walking his child in a push chair up and down the bar trying to get her to sleep. While his other children ran around the tables playing. There is music playing in every corner with the volume knob turned to 'just loud enough to irritate'. Won't be rushing back.

• Visited August 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't hurry back but ok! ”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying the food wasn't bad it just average. The pub is in a nice area, nice decor, good prices, however I was expecting a little more from the food. The burger I ordered was tough, infancy all the meet my party ordered wasn't very good, however the fish was lovely! Perhaps I we do return we'll sick to fish and the pies! Oh yes and the waitress was excellent, very attentive!

Skipton, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant steady evening...”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

First time I've been here since it was whatever it was last time. (it's changed names a few times)

Ok the food did take a fairly long time to arrive but it was a family evening out so gave everyone time to chat. Luckily my family like each other,a vibe I don't see coming from other reviews. Honestly some of them should eat alone or go to McDonalds across the road if they want 60 second food.

Service was excellent and the waitresses do really try to make you feel comfortable. We had my gran who's nearly 90 with us and a tad not so mobile and lovingly slightly hearing impaired, they did an excellent job working around her. Another plus point great disabled access.

The foods fairly old school or as they call it Vintage. My pie was rammed with meat so not sure what the other reviews are going on about plus you got a ton of veg. The portions are huge I could hardly finish it all, excluding my gran who said she could never eat it all but then consumed the lot. I was so stuffed I couldn't face pudding and I was so excited about that bit. #firstworldproblems

It was very clean and I didn't witness any OMG! bits of tissue on the toilet floor. The lady that's moaned about that in a review honestly needs a huge slap or general life wake up call!

All in all I enjoyed myself as did my family. It is a chain so thus the foods going to be to the brand which is Vintage, thus it's big and slightly maybe over salty but tasty enough.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Nice pub with a nice area to eat outside”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We called in here while passing thru the area the other day and decided to have a meal. We were able to sit out on the decked area where we could see the canal running by. The food was served quickly. We had a Sunday lunch platter which was an amazing idea. Basically a large platter of Sunday lunch on your table where 2 you can share and pick off what you want to eat.

Very good value and very tasty.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“family gathering”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The table was booked in advance. When shown to the table, the floor was covered in food and only half laid up. We had to ask for it to be cleaned . Service slow. food for some of our party was lukewarm. I'll never use this place again and don't recommend it to anyone .

• Visited July 2014