“A True Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Priest's House

The Priest's House
Ranked #32 of 149 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: The Priests House is a function venue specialising in weddings, medieval banquets and other family celebrations, together with being an occasional fine dining establishment especially catering for Sunday lunches. The Priests House is set on a grade 1 site in he shadow of the ruin of Barden Tower in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. The house itself was originally built to be the chapel and accommodation supporting the 100 or so residents of the Tower. It is truly medieval building and retains many of the original features. The House itself can only dine up to 34, but for larger events we have two marquees which can be set up alongside. The views and scenery on all sides of the house are fabulous.
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
“A True Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

My Wife and I could not have chosen a more perfect venue to have our wedding at. The Priest's House at Barden is a wonderful building that has been utilised to great effect as a restaurant and wedding venue which has given it added charm whilst set against the imposing ruin of Barden Tower itself and sheer breathtaking Yorkshire Dales scenery.
Added to that, Debbie, Steve, Mark and the rest of the staff are just wonderful themselves especially as where they cater for alot of weddings, working flat out, they never wavered from giving their undivided attention to help ensure that our wedding was special in its own right. We cant thank Debbie enough for the patience, advice and encouragement that she gave to my Wife and I while we were planning our wedding, that itself was an enjoyable experience.
So, a perfect venue with perfect hosts, the food itself is perfect too and a special mention must go to Mark, the Chef. All guests at our wedding agreed just how amazing the food was and i must say that the Leak and Potato soup is the best you will ever taste, a perfect example of Mark's culinary skills, which is very much the heartbeat of The Priest's House.
My Wife and I had an amazing and wonderful wedding at The Priest's House, it was a special day and all our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves, we have so many memories of the day to cherish.
I just urge anyone who is thinking of visiting The Priest's House for whatever reason to simply do so as it will leave a long and lasting impression.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank James F

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Amazing sight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

As we rounded the corner in the midst there she stood in all her glory,like a magnificent relic from Tudor times,I was astounded by the sheer beauty of the building and fell in love with it and the setting immediately it is unforgettable and one of my top ten sights ,probably number 1.i loved it so much I didn't really care what it was like inside ,of coarse the weather helped enormously,to set the impression,wow.
Inside was very pleasing very cosy and furnished in rich red materials ,this was exactly how it should look.
The host didn't quite match it's personality but was extremely friendly,the food was of very good quality and presentation I cannot fault it,, I adore the priest house.

• Visited September 2013
Yorkshire
“Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just visited for a very pleasant Sunday lunch. The friendly, attentive staff ensured we had an enjoyable meal. Food was cooked well and everything you would expect for a Sunday lunch. Thanks Sean for highlighting the delicious gravy and also making sure my forgotten mobile phone was returned promptly.

• Visited August 2014
Liverpool
“Our perfect wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My Wife and I chose to have our wedding at the Priests house by Barden tower as we both love the Yorkshire dales and the Priests house caters for small, intimate weddings which was exactly what we where looking for. Firstly I would like to say how amazing the place is and of course its stunning location, it really does make for some special wedding photos! Secondly we have to give special mention to the staff who work there, they are just amazing and really pull out all the stops to make your day as special as it can be, the food is also fantastic – and proper Yorkshire portions at that – the baileys crème brulee was amazing! We had our perfect wedding due to all the hard work that Debbie, Mark and the rest of the team at Priests house put in, and would highly recommend this to anyone looking at getting married in a special place in the Yorkshire dales. We also booked out the bunk barn opposite the priest’s house for our evening reception and had a ball, so much so that most of the guests have been talking about booking the barn out next year for another gathering. The priests house also do a Sunday lunch menu which my wife went to before the wedding and she could not praise the food highly enough – if you get the chance then definitely try this place you will not regret it!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank David H
Lancashire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding Ceremony and Reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had the Wedding Ceremony and Wedding Breakfast at The Priest House. The day was perfect in every way. Debbie and her team could not do enough for us. The venue is stunning. The food excellent and service was second to none. If you are thinking of celebrating a special occasion we would recommend you give it your consideration. Ours was a magical day and one we will cherish forever.

• Visited July 2014