“Poor food. Even worse customer service. But a lovely location”
Review of Boat House

Boat House
Ranked #37 of 151 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Poor food. Even worse customer service. But a lovely location”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This cafe is in a stunning location. The prices reflect this. The food and service certainly don't. The service was slow, the food had to be sent back and the man in charge gave us a good taste of his attitude when a complaint was made about one of the plates of food ordered.
I certainly will not be going back. His lack of customer service ruined my day.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank DevonElfamaBobble

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Totally disappointed”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Last Saturday my two daughters and myself were in the the picturesque town of Skipton it was after 12pm so we decided to go find a spot of lunch. After looking at a few places we stumbled upon the Boat House Café so we thought it would be nice to watch the local colour on the Leeds and Liverpool canal. We waited a while and nobody came so I went to the counter to order our meals where the lady behind the counter said sit down and someone will take your order. I sat back down and eventually a young waitress came over and took our order. My eldest daughter and myself ordered cheese and mushroom omelette beans and chips and my youngest scampi and chips and drinks strawberry milkshake for my youngest coke for my oldest and cappuccino for myself. The young waitress came back and told us they'd stop doing omelettes and the milkshake machine wasn't working so we had to re - order again. My eldest daughter ordered fish and chips peas and bread and butter, I ordered quiche chips and beans, and my youngest still had her scampi and chips and tartare sauce, but she had to change her drink as the milkshakes were off today, she likes hot chocolate so we looked at the menu again where it said it was a secret recipe hot chocolate so she ordered that one. The meals finally arrived with the drinks but no bread and butter and no tartare sauce, so when we caught one of the waitresses nearby we mentioned this and she said sorry and would get them. They arrived after another 10 minutes or so had elapsed my eldest daughter had almost finished her fish and chips by then and my youngest probably wasn't bothered about her tartare sauce, she seemed to be more concerned about her hot chocolate which looked absolutely disgusting it looked to be full of grease and I told her to leave it after I had tasted it. I mentioned it to the waitress and she told her management and the replaced it, but it wasn't any better. The bottom line is the food wasn't brilliant the service mediocre, the hot chocolate absolutely disgusting, go to Budapest they know how to make hot chocolate there!! Value for money a total rip off.Would I go there again? definitely No!! On a scale of one to ten probably 3 and i'm being generous. I'm also kicking myself for not taking a photo of the disgusting hot chocolate.

• Visited July 2013