“Good food”
Review of Little Chef

Little Chef
Ranked #115 of 153 Restaurants in Skipton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Ham egg and chips and an all day breakfast met my needs, the staff were friendly and the food was great, hot and freshly cooked. drinks and Jubilee pancakes completed my meal and the price was very reasonable. In my opinion Little Chefs are rarely busy which is a shame because the food is always good.

1  Thank Brian E
There are newer reviews for Little Chef

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Travelling to Morecambe by the scenic route from Hull we were passing Skipton around Lunch time and needed to grab some food and as we were not sure of what places there maybe on route we made the mistake of calling in here.
Firstly you are asked to 'wait' to be seated, and you end up hearing someone shout 'grab a table and we will be with you'.....about 10 minutes later they took our order, bare in mind the only other two tables occupied had already ordered!...We ordered a small fish and chips and a jumbo fish and chips and two teas. 20 minutes later, a grumpy member of staff banged our meals down on the table...no vinegar...I had to go get it.....my so-called Jumbo fish needed a magnifier glass to see it properly and the 'wee' fish, well, put it like this, an electron microscope would have come in handy!
The chips were obviously a Heron Foods special....probably from a £1 pound bag that would serve about a 100 people in this place.....considering we paid £7.99 for the Jumbo and £5.99 for the 'wee' fish for something we could have made at home for about £2.....to call it a rip off is an understatement, the service was utterly awful and the food dreadful....TO ALL, don't bother with this dump, just go 5 minutes up the Settle road (A65) off the adjacent roundabout and have a lovely meal (2 main meals for £10) at a Premier Inn....if only I had know it was there.....imagine what I thought as I drove by seething!!!!!

1  Thank Nick W
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Having taken the horse down to my university, we decided we'd get lunch at little chef, it was the worst service I have ever experienced in my whole life, if we had given that service in my current job we would be fired straight away.
We walked in and considering it was lunch time we were wondering why it was empty, we soon found out!
The staff look at you like they're doing you a favour, which makes you feel uncomfortable, the food is incredibly over priced for what it was, my friend got the large fish and it was tiny!
We got the food served over the top of this wall instead of them walking around it and we were made to feel really uncomfortable whilst eating as the staff were having rants about things just next to our table, definitely steer clear of this place!

2  Thank Annaiee
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Horrible service from the moment you walk in to leaving! Waited ages for our food. Poor food and expensive. The service was actually that bad I have put a complaint in. Don't waste your time or money!

1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 1 September 2013

awful food - end of! do not try it! How can you undercook crumpets and go wrong with a sausage sandwich - avoid!